>>>>>Oklahoma [3-1] vs. Abilene Christian [2-1] Gameday Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [3-1] vs. Abilene Christian [2-1] Gameday Thread<<<<<

He is the second best player on the team and I don't think he has played 20 minutes yet. When Jordan is having an off game, he doesn't sit that long. It is just frustrating to watch a team struggle when you don't have to struggle (i.e. intentionally not playing one of your best players for prolonged periods).

Odomes & McGusty played better. James didn't play with energy so he doesn't play, Buford got pulled in the 1st & didn't get back in at all for the same reason.

And Odomes cannot finish.

Finished very well after those 2 misses in the 1st. Arguably are 2nd best player today.

Lots of different lineups. Kruger magic

He's like a mad scientist in the early part of the season, experimenting and tinkering trying to find the right combinations and rotation. It may be ugly and frustrating now, but it will pay dividends later on.

Man, where is James? Maybe he just isn't going to be the next "guy".

I don't know if you ever notice but he never smiles when on the floor.

what was that about baylor getting beat up?

63% free throw shooting and 6 assists for the game.

what was that about baylor getting beat up?

Louisville with a "Northern Iowa-ish" meltdown in the second half.

Man, where is James? Maybe he just isn't going to be the next "guy".

Not the greatest sign because we need him to really be a go to option for this team to reach its goals. Kid has all the talent maybe just needs a smack to wake him up.

I don't know if you ever notice but he never smiles when on the floor.

Maybe putting too much pressure on himself.

Woodard rarely smiles, some people don't smile while playing. James has played well but didn't bring it today, i wouldn't start reaching with his lack of smiling.

Woodard rarely smiles, some people don't smile while playing. James has played well but didn't bring it today, i wouldn't start reaching with his lack of smiling.

No one is reaching. Either it's an accurate observation or not, and I've seen Woodard smile many times.

Kruger always looks long range. That is probably one reason he is giving Shepherd as many minutes, some quality minutes in crunch time, when he is #3 on the point guard list. He did the same with Cousins his freshman year.

When conference season starts he will have a very clear rotation. I am not sweating his sub patterns this early.

I was unable to watch the game in my area so followed it on the stat location. I don't have the courage to look at this thread from the beginning. Great day for the negative posters.

No one is reaching. Either it's an accurate observation or not, and I've seen Woodard smile many times.

It could easily be accurate, and yet not be salient. It's not clear to me what point you were making: What does how often he smiles tell us?

that little ricks kid has a lot of heart.

He should have fouled out with all the pushing off he did when dribbling.

Two evenly match teams today...OU should, might get better as the year moves on. I only watched the 1st half but it was pretty bad..bad for even a young team.

Blame it on the tryptophan.

Even our best teams have had days like today, usually about this time of year.

It could easily be accurate, and yet not be salient. It's not clear to me what point you were making: What does how often he smiles tell us?

It's not really a question of how often as it is has he ever smiled. I know you watch as much as you can and have you ever seen him smile. I wonder if he was relaxed would he smile at least at some point, and if he were relaxed, would it allow his athletic ability come to the forefront and play in a more consistent fashion. Being content/relaxed or not content/not relaxed, can often be read by an individual's body language.

It's not really a question of how often as it is has he ever smiled. I know you watch as much as you can and have you ever seen him smile. I wonder if he was relaxed would he smile at least at some point, and if he were relaxed, would it allow his athletic ability come to the forefront and play in a more consistent fashion. Being content/relaxed or not content/not relaxed, can often be read by an individual's body language.

It's his fifth game as a starter and I'm sure he does feel some pressure, since he's one of the few experienced players on the team and one of the guys who was expected to help fill Buddy and Isaiah's shoes.

Entering today he was averaging 13 points per game; that's hard to complain about. He gave good effort in the second half today, but his shot wasn't falling. Just an off game. Buddy had them sometimes too, especially when he was an underclassman.

Someone said he could be putting too much pressure on himself as to why he doesn't smile. That's reaching to me, hard to smile when you play bad. I bet he was having a good time against Clemson.

Back