*****Oklahoma-Baylor Gameday Thread*****

Can we make one freakin run this year.

The team getting blown out always complains about this sort of thing.

big, not complaining just asking if the refs will follow the rules, that is why they have the stipes on and the whistles in their mouths. They don't get paid to watch, they get paid to enforce the rules, I tought.

Baylor is really making everything they throw up tonight. Even their squirly shots are going in, not going to happen for us today.

But our problem still is this team doesn't play defense. We are still in the AAU mindset and they don't believe they have to stop anyone. If Capel doesn't solve that problem we will only win 4 or 5 game in the Big-12. This is not going to be a "bad" loss as I believe Baylor will win all their games but we have to learn to DEFEND.

Baylor is really making everything they throw up tonight. Even their squirly shots are going in, not going to happen for us today.

But our problem still is this team doesn't play defense. We are still in the AAU mindset and they don't believe they have to stop anyone. If Capel doesn't solve that problem we will only win 4 or 5 game in the Big-12. This is not going to be a "bad" loss as I believe Baylor will win all their games but we have to learn to DEFEND.

Uhhhhh no

Willie putting in no effort. Dumps it off to Pledger, and then doesn't even try to go for the long rebound. Just stands there and watches Baylor get it.

I couldn't really say that I would try if I were playing in a game down 20, but still, it's not the best impression.

Our defensive rotation reminds me of the 1st half of most NBA All-Star games.

I've ripped certain players at different times all year, but it's about time to blame the coaching. They are the ones who coach the players and if the players aren't improving then you have to look at the coaches.

We have zero ball movement on offense. We either rush up the court and jack up a three or pass it to Tiny inside while the other four players just stand there and watch. There is no player movement and no ball movement. Way too much standing around at both ends. Which brings me to my point about the defense. I know some of these young guys played never played much defense in AAU ball, but Crocker, Warren, Davis, and Wright all have experience. Not to mention were already into conference play and the coaches still haven't taught anyone how to defend the perimeter and rotate around or rotate out on the open guy. I've never seen a team give up so many uncontested three pointers and jump shots.

I'm just curious what the hell goes on during practice because whatever it is isn't working.

I've ripped certain players at different times all year, but it's about time to blame the coaching. They are the ones who coach the players and if the players aren't improving then you have to look at the coaches.

We have zero ball movement on offense. We either rush the court and jack up a three or pass it to Tiny inside while the other four players just stand there and watch. There is no player movement and no ball movement. Way too much standing around at both ends. Which brings me to my point about the defense. I know some of these guys played very little defense in AAU ball, but Crocker, Warren, Davis, and Wright all have experience. Not to mention were already into conference play and the coaches still haven't taught anyone how to defend the perimeter. I've never seen a team give up so many uncontested three pointers and jump shots.

I'm just curious what the hell goes on during practice because whatever it is isn't working.

I agree. The biggest problem that we have on defense right now is EFFORT. Simply no EFFORT.

One more thing. Why is Wright, Orlando, Hardrick, and Willis on scholarship? Can we waste anymore scholarships on guys that could barely crack the starting line up at OBU and OCU.

This team is just so frustrating.

Back