*****Oklahoma-Houston Game Thread*****

Is there a reason we refuse to guard the perimeter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another night only slightly different story...Tonight we at least had the lead before we stopped playing defense...How embarassing is this team? Up by 17 in the first half, then by 10 in the 2nd half only to have it erased in about min and a half...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 2-3 zone supposed to "invite" the other team to shoot outside? Wouldn't you want to try something different when they're hitting 70% from 3 in the 2nd half?? These games are too painful to even watch...The sad part is that this is the year to gain fans, b/c the football team has played so poor...Unfortunately non-traditional OU basketball fans will only follow a winner...There is a pristine opportunity that this team is letting slip through their fingers...Win or lose this is another game where we have underperformed...

this is not my greatest of concerns right now, but our coaching staff clearly did not consult with mr. tim gunn before deciding what to wear tonight.

Can a defender not break towards the ball on a pass and create a turnover for once?

We are in a bad position of the defensive end. We can't play man because we can't stop the dribble drive. Unfortunately, they aren't missing against the zone. A little bit of pick your poison going on right now.

Houston has some scorers and we can't play a lick of defense....that's not a good combination.

On the other end of the floor, we need to take the ball to the hole and stop jacking up 3s.

Pledger has a goose egg so far this half. His roomate must be Crocker.

How did we let that become a tie-ball? We should of had that rebound out right.

Back