>>>>>Oklahoma vs. Kansas Gameday Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma vs. Kansas Gameday Thread<<<<<

And it's that kind of stupid crap (McNease's horrible shot) that happens way too much on this team and there seems to be no repercussions from the coaching staff. Can you imagine a player for KU attempting a shot like that and what Bill Self would do to him?....it would not be pretty.

That's what pisses me off the more than anything else. There seems to be zero accountability coming from Lon or anyone else on this staff when it comes to dealing with the mind boggling stupidity some of these players show on the court.

Odomes brings the ball down the court and is happy dribbling the ball at the perimeter when he knows there is no chance in hell he's going to shoot the ball from there, so he passes the ball to a player on the perimeter who is none other than Lattin. I mean do these guys think?

Doesn't seem like it. Very dumb play a lot of the time.

They did manage to keep within 10-15pts range so I can't be all that unhappy

Gotta give it up to these kids. They didn't quit. Been that way in every game except one.

I don't buy this personally. Maybe it's because no matter what sport or game I play to this day I never quit and never will.

I guarantee I can find 10 guys on campus who would play their butts off for ou every minute they played for a scholarship. They would lose every game but they would not be out worked.

It's time for these guys to start winning some games. No more excuses and moral victories.

Gotta give it up to these kids. They didn't quit. Been that way in every game except one.

Yep effort was there, but unfortunately so was the lack of court awareness, too much "one on one" play in the second half and low basketball IQ (stupid basketball). That right there is the holy trinity of "losing basketball".

I don't buy this personally. Maybe it's because no matter what sport or game I play to this day I never quit and never will.

I guarantee I can find 10 guys on campus who would play their butts off for ou every minute they played for a scholarship. They would lose every game but they would not be out worked.

It's time for these guys to start winning some games. No more excuses and moral victories.
While I agree with you about needing to start winning some of these games but tonight was not the night it was going to happen...maybe the next game

That's what pisses me off the more than anything else. There seems to be zero accountability coming from Lon or anyone else on this staff when it comes to dealing with the mind boggling stupidity some of these players show on the court.

That shot by McNease was embarrassing; wtf was he thinking. Sadly, we have more than one or two players who seem to have a very low basketball IQ.

And CJ is just playing himself more and more out of playing time. His effort on defense tonight left something to be desired. And some of his decisions were terrible.

Hopefully, this team will learn and grow into a better team.

I hate moral victories... who are we? The OSU Pukes? But I will say the future is bright... while I tend to hate Franschilla as an announcer, he's right: "we see flashes...". But that's what is so frustrating... this team has some really good talent and besides the Baylor and KSU game have been up in all other 7 losses... often up by 9 or more... I'm as sunshine pumper as they come but this year is dreadful to watch.

That shot by McNease was embarrassing; wtf was he thinking. Sadly, we have more than one or two players who seem to have a very low basketball IQ.

And CJ is just playing himself more and more out of playing time. His effort on defense tonight left something to be desired. And some of his decisions were terrible.

Hopefully, this team will learn and grow into a better team.

That left handed attempt was really the only issue I had with McNeace tonight. He has definitely shown to be the more versatile and polished player offensively than Lattin and that reason alone is why he should be starting at the 5 spot.
Don't even get me started on James. Just don't even.....

And I really like these young men and think they are good ball players. Some I think are exceptional (I.e. Odomes, McGusty & Doolittle)... I even think next year we show a lot of progress (sunshine pumper in me), but I'm afraid we've all But lost Young to KU...

And I really like these young men and think they are good ball players. Some I think are exceptional (I.e. Odomes, McGusty & Doolittle)... I even think next year we show a lot of progress (sunshine pumper in me), but I'm afraid we've all But lost Young to KU...
I'm not sure if the word lost is correct

Yep effort was there, but unfortunately so was the lack of court awareness, too much "one on one" play in the second half and low basketball IQ (stupid basketball). That right there is the holy trinity of "losing basketball".

I couldn't agree more about court awareness and low basketball IQ. Mental mistakes killed us tonight, and most were unforced. No way that should happen at this point of the season.

Well coming out in that passive zone to start the second half just gave the momentum and game away. Why?

Anyone else get surprised Lon had Strong-Moore starting the second half? I know he was probably trying to keep Woodard's minutes down but I really felt like that killed us to start the half. I'd much rather see Sheppard out there. He seems to run the offense better.

I too prefer Shepherd over Strong-Moore but Shep is still a freshman and plays like it at times. I support the decision but unfortunately it didn't seem to work out. Also it may have made no difference. Sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy.

We clearly have a team in development. We are probably short of a miracle not going to the NCAA. Maybe not even the NIT. For those of you who can't wait for them to develop you may enjoy Kansas, Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina basketball more.

Frankly, these players have not developed to the point where we know what to expect from them in games. Certainly Woodard is OK. I think McGusty is beginning to show what he can do. Doolittle, James, Odomes, and Freeman are there sometimes and not other times. I think Sheperd had potential but a little bit behind the others. I think they all have good potential but it will take time. McNeace could become a big star or a bust. Too early to tell. Good signs but after those great sky hooks he tosses up that backhand with his left hand. Can't beat good teams that way.

McNease

Here's my total blank assumption on him...lol.

I like the kid, good attitude, works hard. Starting to get the post offensive game going with his little hook. Def needs work...but I think he has a great attitude (all from the games I see on TV!!!)

BUT, I also get the sense...from a few games on TV..that's a bit of a goof ball. If I remember right, he didn't start playing bball til soph/jr yr in hs? Not that is the end all...but it just seems he's doing it cause he's 6'10 and it's that thing to do.

Granted a total ASSUMPTION...I do think by the time he's a Sr he'll be a pretty decent post guy. :woot

I like this team. Some exhibit the reality that they didn't even play that much basketball in highschool. Some are searching for their role. But, I like what I see from Odomes, Christian James, McGusty, Lattin, McNeace, Buford, Freeman, Shepard, and Doolittle. There is a very good team there, just maybe not this year. I don't remember a year, even when Buddy was a freshman, that I saw this much young athleticism on the court. Unfortunately, it is more about athlete than basketball skills at this point.

But, at this time last year, I had no hope for McNeace. Now, I see a potentially very functional interior defender who can make the occasional shot. Doolittle seems limited only by his own uncertainty. I'm not sure that he believes that he belongs here yet. Odomes can be whatever he is willing to work in the gym to become. We have about five or six guys who are more likely NBA prospects than Cousins or Woodard. They just have to learn what a basketball is. Sometimes, it is that obvious.

Back