+++++Oklahoma vs. Little Brother Game Thread+++++

Completely disagree with this statement. You've trolled all year though so it's expected

9 wins this year, being better than we are is no big deal. Make excuses all you want we just aren't any good this year. Losing close games is no different from losing blowout games it's all losing games.

That said McGusty and McNease really impressed me. Doolittle was kinda off at the end but he's a good shooter. W/O Jordan we really don't have a lot of guys that can consistently create their own shots so it comes down to being hot or cold.

I think it's a guy thing. Guys are problem solvers. They have a hard time just sitting back and experiencing or enjoying. They immediately seek to solutions thru better play, better players, better coaching etc...

So instead of just getting angry at them I now try to point out that there is enjoyment aside from fixing it. There is joy to be found in the actual effort.

Back off inoref!!! His question is legit. Beating the pukes by stopping Evans in the fourth quarter when he scored like 16 of the puke's last 18 might have been as easy as over-playing him to the right and forcing any penetration to the left but we will never know because little to no attempt was made to stop him from driving to his strength, the right.

Evans had 16 attempts inside the arc and virtually none going to his left but a bunch driving to his right. Force him to go left or pass off but don't continue to allow him to play to his strength. Maybe I do not know of that of which I speak but I think stopping Evans from taking control of the game was defensive basketball 101. Make a player play to his weaknesses don't allow him to play to his strengths. Just slow Evans down a little bit and this is an easy win. Hell force force Forte to beat you by making a couple more 3's in the last minute and a half as he had only scored 7 in the second half after scoring 15 in the first.

Also we out scored them in the paint but made little attempt to attack the middle the last 5 minutes when we score only 2 points but that is totally on the players in my opinion. Instead we kept the ball in Shepard and James hands (multiple TO's) getting the ball to Odomes, Byford or McGusty too late for a good shot. Was nice to see James go 2-4 BTA after his 4-30 stint.

Big Kruger fan but his patience with his players allowing them to learn on their own is difficult to tolerate as a fan. For certain Bill Self, Eddie Sutton, Kelvin Sampson, Bobby Knight would have been more pro-active in trying to effect a win. But that is just Lon.

Not questioning Kruger but I damn sure don't have to like what I have seen far too often this season when we lose closing out games 6+ games because we can not finish. This team obviously is a very slow study as they often appear to have learned nil.

I would prefer 2-4 more conference wins and a team that is more inclined to seek their coach for help a crunch time to stop an opponents run than merely thinking they can do this on their own but continue to take the losses.

Easy to say, hard to do.

I worry about some of you sometimes. I really do.

OK, we're up nine at the half. Playing great. Give up a quick run to the Aggies when they cut the deficit to five and Lon calls time out. Out goes DSM and in comes Shepard. That's a good timeout. Shepard is going to be a very solid player for us.

A lot of you are quick to judge but you don't really offer much substance. Laxtothewhatever is one of the major culprits. The only shot that sticks out in my mind from last night is one not taken. I believe we were down 91-90 or up 90-89 and we came down quick and McGusty found himself at the elbow extended WIDE OPEN. But he blinked. I think that possession may have ended in the first of Doolittle's missed treys. I have no problem with Doolittle taking that shot because he's got a sweet stroke. Were there hotter guys out there last night? Sure. But I think he needs to be out there in crunch time, for no other reason than he's got a great chance at getting the rebound.

Would have liked to see more Buford, but I'm a Buford apologist. Dante doesn't seem to have much conscience about letting it fly, but I like that. I like imposing a little trouble on the defense.

The pace of play last night was so pleasing to my eye. I like seeing games flow like that. 96-92 is so much more exciting than 62-60. Guys making shots, the ball moving around. That's good basketball.

Some of you act like you can just snap your fingers and say, "Jawun Evans can't go to this right." Well, I'm going to tell you right now that it is very rare at this level for Jawun Evans to take the floor and not be the best player in the arena. That guy is tremendous. He is lightning quick. I was in Stillwater when he lit us up and his speed is breathtaking to behold. But here's what you've got to understand: some of the shots he hit were the shots we wanted him to take. We're not shaking in our boots about an Evans jump shot. He hit them, and he got really hot, but those shots are a far lesser sin than losing Forte three or four times down the floor and allowing him to beat you.

Now, go back and throw knives at the whole program. There are a lot of Sooners out there taking their licks, but these guys are going to come back bigger, stronger, faster and WISER. Turnovers beat us last night, nothing more.

Onward and upward.

IKWT

I regret every moment of my life that I have wasted posting or following along or participating in any way on this message board. The participants here are the greatest collection of dumb asses i have ever encountered on any topic anywhere.

I am done here. You folks can kiss my ass. None of you can coach better than Kruger or play better than CJ Cole. I like to hang around with OU basketball fans. Not OU basketball critics that don't have the first clue about what they are talking about.

Gary:

I think most here -- certainly the regulars -- appreciate your input to this community. I hate to see you go but it's probably for the best. It appears you take this stuff way too seriously.

It's basketball, not nuclear war.

Peace.

I regret every moment of my life that I have wasted posting or following along or participating in any way on this message board. The participants here are the greatest collection of dumb asses i have ever encountered on any topic anywhere.

I am done here. You folks can kiss my ass. None of you can coach better than Kruger or play better than CJ Cole. I like to hang around with OU basketball fans. Not OU basketball critics that don't have the first clue about what they are talking about.

Guy, you provide some good info, but your attitude is absolutely insufferable.

Last edited:
I worry about some of you sometimes. I really do.

OK, we're up nine at the half. Playing great. Give up a quick run to the Aggies when they cut the deficit to five and Lon calls time out. Out goes DSM and in comes Shepard. That's a good timeout. Shepard is going to be a very solid player for us.

A lot of you are quick to judge but you don't really offer much substance. Laxtothewhatever is one of the major culprits. The only shot that sticks out in my mind from last night is one not taken. I believe we were down 91-90 or up 90-89 and we came down quick and McGusty found himself at the elbow extended WIDE OPEN. But he blinked. I think that possession may have ended in the first of Doolittle's missed treys. I have no problem with Doolittle taking that shot because he's got a sweet stroke. Were there hotter guys out there last night? Sure. But I think he needs to be out there in crunch time, for no other reason than he's got a great chance at getting the rebound.

Would have liked to see more Buford, but I'm a Buford apologist. Dante doesn't seem to have much conscience about letting it fly, but I like that. I like imposing a little trouble on the defense.

The pace of play last night was so pleasing to my eye. I like seeing games flow like that. 96-92 is so much more exciting than 62-60. Guys making shots, the ball moving around. That's good basketball.

Some of you act like you can just snap your fingers and say, "Jawun Evans can't go to this right." Well, I'm going to tell you right now that it is very rare at this level for Jawun Evans to take the floor and not be the best player in the arena. That guy is tremendous. He is lightning quick. I was in Stillwater when he lit us up and his speed is breathtaking to behold. But here's what you've got to understand: some of the shots he hit were the shots we wanted him to take. We're not shaking in our boots about an Evans jump shot. He hit them, and he got really hot, but those shots are a far lesser sin than losing Forte three or four times down the floor and allowing him to beat you.

Now, go back and throw knives at the whole program. There are a lot of Sooners out there taking their licks, but these guys are going to come back bigger, stronger, faster and WISER. Turnovers beat us last night, nothing more.

Onward and upward.

IKWT
:woot

Gary, I hope you don't leave for good. You do have some good info man.

Maybe just call it a season and come back refreshed next year

Back