OU = 6th in Rivals updated team rankings

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Good pub for the program.

Source Link

The Sooners won a major recruiting battle to land Mason-Griffin, one of the best point guards in the country. He is the best point guard Jeff Capel has lured to Norman since taking over the program. Gallon, an AAU teammate with Mason-Griffin, signed with OU on the last day of the signing period. His addition gives the Sooners another big body down low. Pledger, a Virginia native, gives the team a legitimate threat on the perimeter. In-state commitment Hardrick has been committed to the school since 2006. Fitzgerald, a Baltimore native, is a big body that will have no trouble making the transition to Big 12 competition.

They have something nice to say about everyone's game, except for Hardrick, that's cold.

Raymond Penn is so good they list him twice for OSU.

I'm glad we moved past Kansas. That made no sense when Rivals' last rankings had their two player class over our 5 player class, when all 5 of our guys were in the top 150

I'm glad we moved past Kansas. That made no sense when Rivals' last rankings had their two player class over our 5 player class, when all 5 of our guys were in the top 150

Hopefully it stays that way. If they get Lance or X then they will jump right back up.

Do you think a Nolan Dennis commit would push us into the Top 5?

No because Kentucky is most likely going to get at least one more top flight recruit to hang onto their top 5 spot or move higher.

Just the fact that we will have a true point guard makes me dream of the wonderful possibilities. Not only that, but a point guard who attacks and scores the basketball. SLEEPER OF THE CLASS: ANDREW FITZGERALD! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

So...not to start a flame war, but is the general consensus that Hardrick has not progressed anywhere near as much as we thought he would in size and ability in the past two years?

So...not to start a flame war, but is the general consensus that Hardrick has not progressed anywhere near as much as we thought he would in size and ability in the past two years?

For some reason he's dropped like a ton of bricks. At one point wasn't he top 25 in the country? Now he's no where to be seen. I don't know what the story is there.

For some reason he's dropped like a ton of bricks. At one point wasn't he top 25 in the country? Now he's no where to be seen. I don't know what the story is there.

Well...I just hope it's not a deal where we locked somebody up extremely early because we felt they had tremendous potential and then it ends up being a wasted scholarship for four years.

Capel has done many great things here. This is just the first step at being a perennial top 10 team and a potential title contender!

:clap:woot:jcapel

Last edited:
Well...I just hope it's not a deal where we locked somebody up extremely early because we felt they had tremendous potential and then it ends up being a wasted scholarship for four years.

Nah, regardless you can't have 13 stars. You always gamble on the big instate kids. Keep the pipeline in state.

Hardrick was in the top 25 nationally going into his sophomore season. I don't know if the ranking was based on potential and the fact that he was projected to be 6' 10" or taller or he was actually that dominant early in his career? One thing is certain though, the decline in those lofty expectations and the gradual fall in his national ranking, began with his knee injury and subsequent surgery that kept him sidelined for several months. It's like he has not fully recovered from that injury, and I have a feeling it may be more mental than physical.

Good stuff! Thanks for posting, BT.

I think he's a pretty skilled player who dropped because of three things:

1) He injured his knee
2) He didn't grow as much as projected
3) He transferred to a team that didn't utilize him

How tall is Hardrick? And what does he weigh?

Back