OU has no wins vs. teams above .500

Abd has 0 posts that shine any sort of positive light on the OU basketball program. Thats the real stat.

lol, not true at all.

I started a positive thread about Tiny Gallon and TMG recently, and both got one reply. Like I said in an earlier thread, nobody cares about the positive stuff (unless it comes after a huge win or something).

While that may be true at times, I hope it won't deter you from making positive posts in the future. You are very good at researching and posting both types of posts.

greg

Apologies. I should have only said that "in my opinion, the percentage of thebigabd's posts that negatively criticize the OU basketball program seems to be higher than those of nearly every other poster on OUhoops.com"

somebody will always have the highest percentage of negative posts....

Apologies. I should have only said that "in my opinion, the percentage of thebigabd's posts that negatively criticize the OU basketball program seems to be higher than those of nearly every other poster on OUhoops.com"

He apologized. Enough. Please get the thread back on track.

greg

Big likes to stir the pot. He reminds me of somebody else I know :)

Of course if nobody was stirring the pot these message boards would be boring.

Last time I checked it wasn't the end of the basketball season yet. Let's see where these teams finish. Right now all that matters about our team is the fact that we are playing much better. We have actually seen some defense being played. As long as we keep getting better everyday we will be fine. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

This team needs to get better from an overall perspective before we start worrying about the SOS and RPI. March is a long ways off and so is this team. I'd rather we focus on what we need to do, besides just saying defense like the cleti did "offense" when KS was the coach, to get better and be a viable team to really compete in the Big Dance.

So?
Our March resume will be built during the conference season - not on our early season exploits.

Not really. Non-conference wins and SOS are two key components for teams on the bubble.

Not really. Non-conference wins and SOS are two key components for teams on the bubble.

This is why the Gonzaga and Utah games are so important. I am not too optimistic about Gonzaga, but we almost have to beat Utah and UTEP in my opinion to have a good chance at making the tourney.

This is why the Gonzaga and Utah games are so important. I am not too optimistic about Gonzaga, but we almost have to beat Utah and UTEP in my opinion to have a good chance at making the tourney.

I agree. All non-conference games are extremely important.

I agree. All non-conference games are extremely important.

Agree.... If you suck in the non-conference (no good wins) and go 9-7 in conference you are probably not making the tournament.

OU needs to beat UTEP, Northern Colorado, Utah, and play Gonzaga tough on to get a somewhat respectable resume. Beating Gonzaga and UTEP gives OU a pretty solid non-conference resume and shows improvement from the early losses.

Here's the way I see it:

1. If we lose just one more non-conf game, presumably at Gonzaga, we will be squarely on the bubble with a 9-7 league finish. 10-6 and we would likely be in fairly comfortably.
2. If we lose two more non-conf games, we will likely have to finish no worse than 10-6 to have a chance of getting in, and even then we would likely be on the bubble. I don't think 9-7 would do it unless two of those 9 wins came against KU and Texas.
3. If we somehow win out in non-conf I think our slate would be fairly clean come conference play and we would just need to reach 9-7 to get in.

senior's explanations sounds generally right to me. I would add that this makes Utah a really big game for us if we are going to get into the NCAA and Gonzaga a big game if we are going to get a favorable seed.

EDIT: Not to take UTEP for granted we could lose that game...

Back