>>>>>>>>>>OU-Northwestern State Game Thread<<<<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>>>>OU-Northwestern State Game Thread<<<<<<<<<<

This is disgusting basketball

Would someone please turn M'Baye's three-point green light red? Sheesh.

OU leads 16-13 at the under 8 timeout.

M'Baye's jump hooks in the lane need A LOT of work.

And that is NOT a hard shot to shoot, IMO. Especially if you're 6'8. :facepalm

OU up 27-23 at the under 4 timeout.

And that is NOT a hard shot to shoot, IMO. Especially if you're 6'8. :facepalm

I'd like to see him take on Johnnie Gilbert in a jump hook shooting contest. Gilbert might actually win.

I'd like to see him take on Johnnie Gilbert in a jump hook shooting contest. Gilbert might actually win.

Ugh. Forgot about his shot. Gilbert REALLY struggled on offense. But he defended and rebounded his heart out.

Ugh. Forgot about his shot. Gilbert REALLY struggled on offense. But he defended and rebounded his heart out.

I still loved Gilbert. He actually developed a decent low post game by his senior year.

Hoo-boy, how many close-in shots in the paint did M'Baye miss in that half?

I'm trying to stay positive...I really am. But that was brutal first half to watch. We were at least good defensively for the first 13-14 minutes or so, but really bad on that side of ball after that.

Also, are Northwestern State's big men so good defensively that we can't get points in the paint? Finally, I truly hope Amath has taken his last three point shot as a collegian...okay, rant over.

Hoo-boy, how many close-in shots in the paint did M'Baye miss in that half?

I lost count. Sloppy, sloppy basketball to be sure. It's actually painful to watch at times.

I like our defense okay though.

Wish we could get this year's D, with last year's O.

Cousins leads OU in scoring with 7 points. What the heck were the rest of our guys doing, playing checkers on the bench? :facepalm

I think we beat this team last year by 21 with the guys who now are no longer good enough to play!

Steven Pledger has taken two shot at halftime. And it isn't like this is just happening this game. He hasn't been involved that much so far this season. Unbelievable.

I think we beat this team last year by 21 with the guys who now are no longer good enough to play!

Good point.

I like our defense okay though.

Wish we could get this year's D, with last year's O.

You're right, that's at least one positive we can take from the first half. If not for our defense, we might be down by 15 or more.

Have a feeling that our team is about to go off and tear into these guys... We just looked sluggish to start tonight, but I think that is about to change.

Here's an interesting stat: Our shooting percentage from three (37.5%) is better than our overall shooting percentage from the field at 35.7%.

What does that tell you? Our bigs can't make shots on the inside. Amath is 0-4 and Romero is 0-3. Fitz is 2-4, but his two attempts in close were blocked.

Back