>>>>>>>OU-Texas Tech Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-Texas Tech Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Win and advance

They shot 59%, and we won?

Tech shot about 60% and 42% from three point range. Buddy had about his worst game in two years and OU still won. That is a good thing. It demonstrates OU can overcome adversity.

You're right! They shot 42% and 45% from three when they beat ISU? This may have been they're best shooting performance of the year and they still could not beat us.

Tech shot about 60% and 42% from three point range. Buddy had about his worst game in two years and OU still won. That is a good thing. It demonstrates OU can overcome adversity.

It's becoming a pattern against less talented teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did not realize this game started early so I missed all of it. Sounds like I saved myself a heart attack?

Hield getting hot in OT was huge.

Wasn't able to watch the game (not carried on my cable lineup), so maybe someone can tell me why Booker got T'd up right after he shot three free throws (after apparently being fouled on a BTA shot). Anyone know why the technical?

(Had to try to follow along with the ESPN play by play)...

Wasn't able to watch the game (not carried on my cable lineup), so maybe someone can tell me why Booker got T'd up right after he shot three free throws (after apparently being fouled on a BTA shot). Anyone know why the technical?

Booker clapped toward the Tech player when he walked by after he made the free throws.

From the replay, he appeared to clap in the general direction of a Tech player. Basically nothing that isn't done a million times a game. The refs were not great.

Hey it's a road win in a tough conference where the home team is shooting the eyes out of the hoop.

I've compared home and road for each team a few seasons and found that there is about a 14 point differential. Familiar baskets and background. Fouls usually favor the home team, although the visitor is usually behind late and in a fouling mode. But it seems more of the close calls go to the home team. Like the time the Tech guy fore armed Spangler to the floor and made a hoop and one or the totaly bush technical on Booker.

You had to expect a tough game after the blowout against them in Norman. Tubby Smith had all the motivational power he needed to prepare them for us.
And Tubby is a very good coach.

Also it seemed that they exploited our biggest weakness which is size inside. Our inside guys are good but they are usually giving away a few inches. Also Tech seemed to take away our rinning game where our bigs have a distinct advantage.

Back