OU vs #21 Baylor 3pm CST on ESPN2

I get the playmakers thing, but Baylor ran plays that got shooters open at the end and didn’t just trust their motion offense.

Two things we did today we seem to be poor at most games…..defensive rebounding (they had 17 offensive boards today) and poor free throw defense (they hit 13/17). If we could just get better at one of those….

i never questioned Moser's ability to get the kids to play hard, it always comes down to can he recruit and watching what Tang is doing in year 1 at K-State stings right now...Have to give Moser some time but next season seems more like a make or break year...

Moser is a much better coach at calling plays out of a time out than Kruger. lK was terrible at it

Lol you have to be a burner account.

And as for why I watch, it’s because I’m a diehard fan and I watch and cheer for my teams whether they are great, terrible, or somewhere in between. It doesn’t make me less of a fan than you that I refuse to pretend that we are good or making progress when we aren’t.

Y'all go look at porter moser's coaching record. Hes like a .55 head coach. Hes almost already lost more games in 19 years coaching than sampson in 30 years. I'm off the PM train. At loyola even, he had like 2 good years. His usual products are like 18-12 teams. Hes gonna get next year at least, but man, this is brutal

I'm with you man. For some reason this game brought me over the hump. I just don't see it unfortunately.

Not keeping your hot hands hot is also a coaching thing. A bench player shows a spark and then spends long stretches on the bench afterwards. I know in this case Oweh picked up his 3rd, but it was clear to me we needed him in there and it didn’t happen.

At the game and totally agree on pulling hot players. My biggest issue is Porters emotional tantrums and throwing fits. Not a good way to get your players to play better. Calm is better and save your tantrums for the refs.

I get the playmakers thing, but Baylor ran plays that got shooters open at the end and didn’t just trust their motion offense.

Last night I happened to catch the last couple possessions of regulation of Boise State and New Mexico. The play Boise ran to tie the game right before the buzzer almost brought tears to my eyes. Meanwhile, we inbounded down four with 18 seconds and dribbled for 14 seconds.

Last night I happened to catch the last couple possessions of regulation of Boise State and New Mexico. The play Boise ran to tie the game right before the buzzer almost brought tears to my eyes. Meanwhile, we inbounded down four with 18 seconds and dribbled for 14 seconds.

This. Crazy. Paid to deliver that genius

If we had a 2 % chance to take the game to OT, it went to 0.0001% after that amazing tactician's touch

What can you say? We aren’t mentally tough or talented enough to overcome such bad execution. That was an ugly game and Baylor didn’t play well. If Sherfield plays like this nothing else matters, we’re going to lose.

i think Baylor "didn't play well" largely because of good OU scouting and D

but on your second point i agree OU will not win much is Sherfield doesn't score in the second half .. and he had a wide open corner 3 in the final 5 he didn't hit .

Los seems to be hitting a little frosh wall hopefully he can push past it

the guy that hit 3 of the last 4 3's for them was not getting plays run for a shooter he was 10-53 on the season before tonight ..

He's been on the bench the last couple of games. He had been out due to "family matters". I wish he would get another opportunity.

Very similar to Marvin Johnson last year. Problem with Johnson was by the time he got in the rotation, he was behind the eight ball in regards to adjusting to the Big 12.

This is the team we deserve. The fans don’t support the program. The donors don’t support the program. The admin doesn’t support the program. What can we expect?

If you put a sh!$$y product out there, at least make it fun and run the damn floor.

This is the team we deserve. The fans don’t support the program. The donors don’t support the program. The admin doesn’t support the program. What can we expect?

Really close to first but near last.

I suppose. Better athletes coming. Cole and cooper!

Yep, what does Jacob Groves bring to the table?

I've thought the same thing....I'm puzzed as to why he starts. He should be playing about 10 minutes max. When he isn't providing us with 3s, he is doing little else. Most of the time, he is an absolute liability on defense.

The other thing is that teams are catching up with Sherfield. He may go off for a half, but virtually every team has adjusted to him....which accounts for his poor second halves. His size really limits him in what he can do against better athletes with a little length.

This program is going nowhere until they first address the roster deficiencies. This team isn't making the tournament, thus I would like to see more Oweh and Bam (when he is available?). As someone mentioned above, we have no difference-makers....and you really need one in this conference to have any modicum of success.

Back