OU vs Arkansas from BOK in Tulsa 12pm CST on ESPN2

I know you play till the final buzzer but that was cheap. A nice hard foul was needed in that situation.

Refs let Arkansas get away with murder and listened to Arky players bark at refs all game. Then Tanner Groves gets 3 fouls for playing basketball. Silly game. We lost our composure early second half, and that’s why we lost, but hate when refs just don’t seem to have a freaking clue.

agreed

i am not saying OU would have won if the called the game correctly but OU had almost no chance the way they did call it

I know you play till the final buzzer but that was cheap. A nice hard foul was needed in that situation.

a hard foul and a tech from porter was needed at about 18 min left in the second half

they have great basketball fans and history

they sell out home non con games .. and come to them

OU has not done that in the last 30 year minimum

even after final four runs or with Blake buddy or trae

Helps that half of their #2 recruiting class was from the state of Arkansas too, Arkansas produces some solid basketball talent unlike football if the Hogs can just keep them home.

I know most may not like to hear this but Arkansas for the most part recruits higher level guys.

Just watched the game and we just didn’t have the horses to hang with Arkansas. I’m afraid that’s going to be the case too many times in the Big 12. I can’t really be upset about the game. We played about as well as we can. Honestly I think we’re better with Godwin in the game, not that it probably matters much.

Just watched the game and we just didn’t have the horses to hang with Arkansas. I’m afraid that’s going to be the case too many times in the Big 12. I can’t really be upset about the game. We played about as well as we can. Honestly I think we’re better with Godwin in the game, not that it probably matters much.

If TG ever finds his 3 ball, he is better. If not, you may be right.

Godwin seems to have better hands and a better feel for the game.

:eek:

If TG ever finds his 3 ball, he is better. If not, you may be right.

Godwin seems to have better hands and a better feel for the game.

:eek:

We don’t need our center roaming the perimeter looker for three-pointers

Horribly officiated game, it was as if hand checking wasn't illegal nor was holding. But only for one team. It was as bad as playing the Jaysquawks at Phog Allen.

I will say this for Arkansas' talent....they have two guys (Smith Jr. and Black) who are projected to be in the top 6 of the 2023 draft. And they have at least one more that will go late first/early 2nd. We will not face that type of talent except for Texas and KU. Like you, I'm not upset at all because Arkie is just better....and I do think we are improved from a year ago. It sucks losing the winnable game against Nova because that win would've been a nice feather in the cap come March. Just have to find a way to win close games against the middle-tier teams of our conference (Tech, Baylor, WV, ISU).

I will say this for Arkansas' talent....they have two guys (Smith Jr. and Black) who are projected to be in the top 6 of the 2023 draft. And they have at least one more that will go late first/early 2nd. We will not face that type of talent except for Texas and KU. Like you, I'm not upset at all because Arkie is just better....and I do think we are improved from a year ago. It sucks losing the winnable game against Nova because that win would've been a nice feather in the cap come March. Just have to find a way to win close games against the middle-tier teams of our conference (Tech, Baylor, WV, ISU).

I agree with this. It’s frustrating to lose games to nova and Sam Houston when we should be winning those games. We don’t have enough room for error and the Big12 is a grinder. Arkansas is just a better team. We Can’t afford to keep dropping winnable games and expect to make the tourney.

it’s going to be a hard road to win 8 games in conference play.

Last edited:
I agree with this. It’s frustrating to lose games to nova and Sam Houston when we should be winning those games. We don’t have enough room for error and the Big12 is a grinder. Arkansas is just a better team. We Can’t afford to keep dropping winnable games and expect to make the tourney.

it’s going to be a hard road to win 8 games in conference play.

We have very little margin for error now. It would take a monumental effort to beat Bama, and Florida isn’t particularly good, so we may not pick up anything that will amount to a high quality noncon win.

I agree with this. If he has the ability to hit a 3 when he's open every once in awhile, fine. But he seems to force it, and he/Moser try to make it too much a part of his game. That's what guards are for. Get inside and bang. Oh do I wish we had a physical, athletic big that can bang, defend, and get rebounds. Tanner got his lunch eaten today. Godwin is better inside, but he wasn't on the level of the Pig's bigs either. Will getting an athletic big ever be a part of Moser's repertoire? You flip around to the games with the top teams and they all have them. OU does not.

Depends. Neither groves or Godwin can bang with most Big12 centers. If groves is on he can at least spread them out.

If you want a different center, get a different coach. But Kruger got long, athletic, thin, rim protectors. You can’t have very many quality centers at OU except when they are extremely lucky.

Depends. Neither groves or Godwin can bang with most Big12 centers. If groves is on he can at least spread them out.

If you want a different center, get a different coach. But Kruger got long, athletic, thin, rim protectors. You can’t have very many quality centers at OU except when they are extremely lucky.

I think Godwin might be able to hold his own. At a minimum, I hope Moser is quick to hook Tanner on nights when it’s obvious he doesn’t have it. It’s usually pretty easy to tell in the early minutes if he is going to have a good game or struggle.

Dial your clock up about 10 yrs.

I agree. Tanner is one if our better 3 point shooters. He had one horrific game, otherwise he is 10 of 20 on the yr. Hill hasn't improved at all during his 4 yrs, CJ has regressed, Bam way below what we expected. Uzan and Cortes don't really look for their outside shot. We need someone other than Grant shooting 3's.

I agree. Tanner is one if our better 3 point shooters. He had one horrific game, otherwise he is 10 of 20 on the yr. Hill hasn't improved at all during his 4 yrs, CJ has regressed, Bam way below what we expected. Uzan and Cortes don't really look for their outside shot. We need someone other than Grant shooting 3's.

“If you ignore a bunch of his misses he’s shooting great!”

Back