OU vs Arkansas from BOK in Tulsa 12pm CST on ESPN2

I'm not disappointed in our effort at all. Unfortunately, Arkie is really talented and especially when they are allowed to play their "style". We have really good guards, but they have great guards. And with their extreme athletic advantage inside, we have to play near flawless (not turn the ball over, get every rebound, etc.). It's a tough ask for this group.

I am disappointed in second half and end of first half. We played with confidence early but way too many lazy turnovers and naps on D since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My fear is we will say this a lot this year— vs KU, UT, Baylor, etc… and if we just lose all of those games even if a valiant effort, we will be on outside looking in again. Gotta find a way to win games.

I agree with you on KU and Texas, but Baylor is down a notch this year. From the games that I've seen, Arkie would finish no worse than 3rd in our conference and could very well finish better....they are surprisingly very good. But like you said, it gives us pause that we look like a moderately good team....similar to last year. And we may very well lose our fair share of close games again in conference.

And this game also exposes how much better we need to be athletically at the 4/5 positions.....just from a defensive standpoint.

This probably is better suited to the thread about our offense, but here is what concerns me. Yes, Kelvin played slow when he was here and it could be frustrating to watch. But his teams rebounded, took care of the ball, were elite defensively, and vary rarely let teams get out in transition. That’s why they routinely beat more talented teams and got blown out about once a decade. I still struggle to figure out what our identity is under Moser. Yes, we are pretty good defensively, but not great. There are several better team defenses in our own league. We also still turn it over too much, we are average rebounders, and we have an alarming tendency to fall apart when things go wrong.

I hope we can get more of this from Bamisile. We need his athleticism in conference.

How did a place like Arkansas get these players. Is it true they bought them all with that Walmart NIL?

Refs are calling the reaches now that game is over.

What the heck just happened? What did Tanner do? He has to have more poise than this, assuming he gave a cheap foul.

How did a place like Arkansas get these players. Is it true they bought them all with that Walmart NIL?

they have great basketball fans and history

they sell out home non con games .. and come to them

OU has not done that in the last 30 year minimum

even after final four runs or with Blake buddy or trae

What the heck just happened? What did Tanner do? He has to have more poise than this, assuming he gave a cheap foul.

Nope. Just a ridiculous call

Well… actually surprised it’s this close.. looked ugly there

Refs let Arkansas get away with murder and listened to Arky players bark at refs all game. Then Tanner Groves gets 3 fouls for playing basketball. Silly game. We lost our composure early second half, and that’s why we lost, but hate when refs just don’t seem to have a freaking clue.

Turnovers and points off turnovers was the difference.

Back