OU vs Arkansas from BOK in Tulsa 12pm CST on ESPN2

I can probably live with Tanner taking three 3s per game, but it’s his silly fouls and tendency to disappear that bother me. Those are things that should only happen to freshmen and maybe sophomores. Moser actually liked how he competed in that 0-10 game because he continued to do other things to help us win. Too often, if he misses a couple early shots, you can tell he will mentally struggle. Bigs are going to get fouls in the post, but he seems to waste one a game far from the basket.

I agree. Tanner is one if our better 3 point shooters. He had one horrific game, otherwise he is 10 of 20 on the yr. Hill hasn't improved at all during his 4 yrs, CJ has regressed, Bam way below what we expected. Uzan and Cortes don't really look for their outside shot. We need someone other than Grant shooting 3's.

I think it’s time to tweak the narrative surrounding Tanner’s shooting from behind the arc. Sherfield is our best shooter, and it’s not even close. Jacob at 40% is out in front of his brother now. Tanner’s 0-10 game dropped him to 33%.

For the record, I’m fine with Tanner’s 2 of 4 game from three. I’m not fine when he takes five shots and four of them are from three point range! I think he needs to spend most of his time down low where a 6’ 10” 240 center is usually more effective. I would rather see Uzan and Cortes take those shots. Their averages are better at 50%, they just don’t shoot as much as they should from the perimeter. .

he is career over 37% that is in over 250 attempts ..

so yeah he is a very good 3 point shooter

37% is a decent shooter, not a very good shooter.

You can bet that our opponents would rather see Tanner taking shots from three point range than posting up inside. That’s why most of the shots he takes out there are wide open.

I don’t have a problem with Tanner taking a reasonable number of shots from deep. He has proven, at least to me, that he can make those shots. But, I see no reason why he should ever finish a game with ten misses or only one of five shots from inside the arc.

You can bet that our opponents would rather see Tanner taking shots from three point range than posting up inside. That’s why most of the shots he takes out there are wide open.

I don’t have a problem with Tanner taking a reasonable number of shots from deep. He has proven, at least to me, that he can make those shots. But, I see no reason why he should ever finish a game with ten misses or only one of five shots from inside the arc.

Shooting 37% from 3 is equivalent to shooting 56% from 2 point range. That’s a VERY good shooting percentage over a career.

My 5 year old son and I waited around after the game for autographs, and I am happy to report that all of the players we interacted with (we managed to get 8) were more than willing to sign, talk to us, give him fist bumps, etc., despite the loss.

It made my son's day for sure, and I could tell this team has a great group of dudes. The ones that stood out in particular were Bijan, CJ, Jalen, and Yaya. Our experience yesterday makes it even easier to root from this squad.

I think he would struggle if posting up became a primary focus of his offense. He clearly isn’t as athletic as the top bigs, and his post moves tend to be very slow and methodical. Against good defenses, that leaves him vulnerable to turnovers. I didn’t watch a ton of Krutwig at Loyola, but my guess is he had elite footwork and a wide variety of post moves. I’ve not see much that makes me think Tanner has that in his bag.

I think Sam can become that guy based on what I've seen.

All good points about Tanner! I still think he hurts the team when he spends so much time on the perimeter he’s not in a position to defend, rebound or score inside. But I’m not going to beat a dead horse. Porter gets paid for making those decisions, not me.

I see a big difference in his 3 shooting when he is completely stationary and takes his time vs when he shoots off of a dribble. I like the first and not the second. I especially don’t like when he shoots a 3 as a trailer, off movement and when and no one is in rebound position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like this team and think it is a better ball club than last year. Due to the schedule, I'm not sure our record will be much different. Fortunately, it doesn't have to be much better for us to make the tournament.

I agree with whoever said that Texas and Kansas have substantially better teams and close enough to the rest to win our share of those games. We just need to do it.

Sherfield is a really good player. Uzan is becoming a really good player right in front of our eyes. The holdovers are improved, save and except perhaps for shooting. We just need greater consistency from everyone and it would be nice is we could get at least one more player to really have the light turn on.

I guess I disagree with some on here, I think the groves brothers and Godwin give us a pretty good paint game. Not great, but good enough to win most night. I am completely shocked at how good Godwin is, but I wouldn't start him over Tanner.

All in all, I am happy with the progress of the program. Talent is on the rise, the signing class makes it look like that trajectory will continue. So far so good on the Porter hire in my mind.

Back