OUHoops Walk-on HOF

boksooner

Reaction score
1. Oleg Retzov
2. Michael Cano
3. Kellen Sampson
4. "Big Baby Food" Beau Gerber

Feel free to add to the list

Richard Ainosoon(sp) Seemed like he was on the roster for 6 years.
Azubuike's brother lasted about 4 weeks
Blake Johnston I think he was a walkon for a period of time.

Richard Ainosoon(sp) Seemed like he was on the roster for 6 years.
Azubuike's brother lasted about 4 weeks
Blake Johnston I think he was a walkon for a period of time.

Blake Johnston was an all stater I think in Texas. He was not even close to a walk on type player.

Blake Johnston was recruited to a scholarship, but I think I recall him being a walkon his last year at OU before quitting basketball. If anyone can dispell or collaborate that, please do.

You guys left off the crowd's most adored walk-on. No man was ever called for earlier and no man's baskets were met with more thunderous applause. He is known by a lone syllable, for spelling his full name takes up far too much time for a man with such a shining body of work.

The inaugural inductee into the OU Walk-On Hall of Fame needs no introduction, but here he is: ladies and gentlemen, from Bartlesville, Oklahoma, I'm proud to present to you:

SKI!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfM6k8T-bsg[/ame]

Jason Skurskinski is indeed the greatest of all the walk-ons. A first ballot, inner circle hall of famer. It was good to see him at the A&M game last season.

Oleg and Blake Johnston were both scholarship players.

Give me Ski, Richard Ainooson, Big Baby Food, Ezra Zoschke, and Alex Rideout and I'll roll with those guys.

Which Smith brother was a walk-on very briefly in the early 2000's? It wasn't Kenny, I don't think, who ended up going to Colorado and having the medical nightmare of the doctors operating on the wrong leg.

Blake Johnston was recruited to a scholarship, but I think I recall him being a walkon his last year at OU before quitting basketball. If anyone can dispell or collaborate that, please do.

I don't remember that. I am not positive you are wrong but I don't recall OU pullying any scholarships. In fact, I am pretty sure OU was short a player or two in his last year (they usually were under Sampson - it was something I did not like about Sampson).

John Nash from the 1997-1998 seasons, wasn't he the one that went into the Marine Corps?

Last edited:
The top 5 has to be:

Jason Skurizinski
Michael Ott
Micheal Kano
Kellen
Baby Food

Did Godbold walk on his first season or was he set to walk on and a scholie opened up?

Back