OU's local youth movement recruiting continues

Sam

Reaction score
Similar to the Alumni game they are using their "Sunday Funday" event to build ties in Oklahoma. The usual cast of young locals will be coming in (Harris, Hammond, Morris Trier) plus Juwan Parker. Parker is a little surprising (well it surprised me at least) as he is also visiting Marquette as well this weekend. Will be interesting to see if Jordan Woodard and Stevie Clark also make their way onto to campus on Sunday as well.

Couple notes on the visitors.
Omega Harris went to a camp held by John Lucas in Kentucky last weekend. He had a big camp according to reports and even was featured in scout.com with a scouting report for his performance. He's shaping up to be a top 100 national type in 2014.

Shaq Morris was recently offered by Fresno St and has picked up more interest from OSU lately. His recruiting is starting to heat up.

Speculation on my part, but with Parker visiting again so soon after his last visit (the 24th), OU seems to be a major player in his recruitment since the coaching change.

Sam, have you and Will noticed a major change in the interest OU is receiving from instate recruits since Coach Kruger arrived?

Seems to me nearly every top recruit in the state has the Sooners on their list now. Is that because LK and his staff have focused their efforts more on recruiting close to home, or are there other reasons for what I perceive to be an obvious positive shift the past few months?

Kruger is doing all the right things. To bad this team this year will not be that good. He is a coach that fans can get behind and support. Seems like a very good guy as well.

Kruger is doing all the right things. To bad this team this year will not be that good. He is a coach that fans can get behind and support. Seems like a very good guy as well.

No doubt about it, Tundra.

I have been very impressed with Coach Kruger's communication and people skills, as well as his ability to market the program on a variety of levels. He seems to know instinctively what buttons to push to get fans involved. I'm sure that's due, at least in part, to his years of experience as a head coach. But he is also uniquely gifted in those areas, and the skills he brings to the job couldn't have come at a better time for OU basketball.

I am so glad Lon Kruger is our coach now!

I have been very impressed with Coach Kruger's communication and people skills, as well as his ability to market the program on a variety of levels. He seems to know instinctively what buttons to push to get fans involved. I'm sure that's due, at least in part, to his years of experience as a head coach. But he is also uniquely gifted in those areas, and the skills he brings to the job couldn't have come at a better time for OU basketball.

Agree. I was wanting him hired when Capel was hired. And I even liked the Capel hire at the time, well didn't mind it.
Kruger is a guy that the people of Oklahoma can get behind.

We took a giant leap forward with Lon Kruger.

Sam, have you and Will noticed a major change in the interest OU is receiving from instate recruits since Coach Kruger arrived?

Seems to me nearly every top recruit in the state has the Sooners on their list now. Is that because LK and his staff have focused their efforts more on recruiting close to home, or are there other reasons for what I perceive to be an obvious positive shift the past few months?

The new staff has made it a point to target and look at young kids in Oklahoma. Recruiting is about relationships and the earlier you get in on a kid the better. These are the top young prospects in Oklahoma and by no means are guaranteed to become high D-1 kids but the new staff seems focused on making sure they don't let any D-1 kids get away without giving them a good long look.

Back