Perspective: Looking Forward to Next Season

lmao @ 2. McGusty, Grandstaff, and Buford should be on every list made. And I'd argue that James and Odomes should be too.

I'm actually quite happy with the direction the recruiting is going. We got 2 unanimous top 100 recruits and other recruits that are developing quite nice. And 2017 class should be pretty good.

I wasn't wrong about m'baye. Several on here said he was going to be our best player and I said no way. And I was right. Not to mention, after redshirting he only stayed one year.

Unlv has 2 top notch prep schools there. Findlay and bishop Gorman.

You bring up James and how well he did in that game. News flash, we lost.
And he will not be better than pledger next year. Your hatred towards pledger is hysterical.

Lolol james will be a much much much better player then pledger who jacked 3s on a cade davis starting level of OU team

Ya.. and guess what schools those prep schools players go to (hint: rarely UNLV)

Post less

. . . . .

2018..we will be good. Next year, we aren't going to be good.

I will give you this; your passion about making predictions is unsurpassed on this board. It may be equaled by others, but not surpassed.

Hey, we all like to SPECULATE. That is one of the things that gets us thru the off-season. But we do not KNOW what is going to happen, good or bad.

I wish some of you would lighten up, or at least change your board name to Nostradamus.

All in good fun. :D

Peace, to all Sooner fans.

I will give you this; your passion about making predictions is unsurpassed on this board. It may be equaled by others, but not surpassed.

Hey, we all like to SPECULATE. That is one of the things that gets us thru the off-season. But we do not KNOW what is going to happen, good or bad.

I wish some of you would lighten up, or at least change your board name to Nostradamus.

All in good fun. :D

Peace, to all Sooner fans.

Gonna be a riot when next year's team is somehow better

I wasn't wrong about m'baye. Several on here said he was going to be our best player and I said no way. And I was right. Not to mention, after redshirting he only stayed one year.

Unlv has 2 top notch prep schools there. Findlay and bishop Gorman.

You bring up James and how well he did in that game. News flash, we lost.
And he will not be better than pledger next year. Your hatred towards pledger is hysterical.

Almost as hysterical as your love affair for him. Again, he was a good player but he's far from considered one of the top guards at OU in the past 15-20 years much less since the mid 70's when the basketball renaissance at OU began. I will say he wouldn't have started on this team but probably would have played some. James is much better though and will be much better by the time he's done.

As I remember it, and I'm sure I could find quotes if I wanted to go back, you didn't think M'Baye who transferred from a losing program at Wyoming would even start. If you remember, he started over your boy Fitzgerald and even your other boy Clark.

Also, notice you didn't dispute the other items I stated which you were wrong. :ez-laugh:

Almost as hysterical as your love affair for him. Again, he was a good player but he's far from considered one of the top guards at OU in the past 15-20 years much less since the mid 70's when the basketball renaissance at OU began. I will say he wouldn't have started on this team but probably would have played some. James is much better though and will be much better by the time he's done.

As I remember it, and I'm sure I could find quotes if I wanted to go back, you didn't think M'Baye who transferred from a losing program at Wyoming would even start. If you remember, he started over your boy Fitzgerald and even your other boy Clark.

Also, notice you didn't dispute the other items I stated which you were wrong. :ez-laugh:
Feel free to go back. Everyone said he was going to be the star and I said Wyoming was better without him then with him. And he didn't out perform pledger.

And I didn't dispute what else you said because I'm not going to read a book on here. Feel free to give me the cliff notes.

Next year OU will have 7 four star recruits on their roster (according to ESPN).

And that number doesn't even include Woodard (clearly a good player) or Freeman (would have been a 4* if he played in the states).

He only uses rankings that fit his agenda.

You say rankings don't mean anything. Look at what Villanova players ranked. I think they have 1 5 star and 6 four star players. If you add that up to the 2 and 3 star recruits we have...it equals 45 point loss.

How'd that math work out in December? And if all one needs to know is the number of stars each team's players had when they were being recruited, why weren't you here touting the certain butt-kicking we were in for on Saturday? You'd have been an instant legend for correctly predicting even a 30-point loss, much less 44 points. And why did nearly all the talking heads, who surely have the same access to recruiting rankings that you do, pick OU to win?

During the tourney entering Saturday, OU was shooting 51% from two, 44% from three. If the Sooners had taken the same number of shots (I know, I know, it doesn't work that way, but there's no other way to approach it for this hypothetical scenario) at their average percentages and leaving the free throws as they were, OU would have scored 77 points on Saturday. That's how far off our game we were. Did Villanova have something to do with that? Sure, but we compiled the above averages against quality teams and we missed plenty of wide-open shots on Saturday that they had nothing to do with.

For their part, Nova was shooting 60% from two, 46% from three entering Saturday's game. Given their same number of shots and not refiguring the free throws, they'd have scored 76 points.

Obviously (I can hear the howls already), there are flaws in the above. But it goes to show how easily that game could have gone differently (we have the game in Hawaii to demonstrate this in even more concrete terms).

We played a terrible game on Saturday, and Nova played a great one. I don't think we could have played much worse, nor they much better. Move both of us up or down to our tourney averages, and you've got a barn-burner. I know -- "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts..." and all that -- but it's true. I'm sure the same is true of the Pearl Harbor game: Move both teams to their regular season averages, and it's probably a very close game.

Pretending that Saturday's rout happened because their players were ranked higher than ours two, three and four years ago (depending where they are in their collegiate careers) doesn't fly. If OU's players lost by 45 on Saturday because of their recruit rankings, we'd have lost to KU by 30 or more both times we played them.

Honestly, I wish recruiting rankings had never been invented.

He only uses rankings that fit his agenda.

My agenda? I have no agenda. I would like to win a big 12 title or tournament. I would like to not have the worst loss in final four history.

I do think that the 2016 recruiting class is a good start. McGusty and grandstaff are 2 unanimous top 60 recruits to go along with guys we have. If we can land some more in 2017, which all signs point to, I see championship banners in the future.

Either way they have Taylor, Davis, roach, Mack and cleare. Davis and roach both average 7 ppg.

Plus they have 3 recruits ranked in the top 100 signed. And they are favored to land a 5 star center.

As of now Texas' recruiting class is almost identical to OU's.

My agenda? I have no agenda. I would like to win a big 12 title or tournament. I would like to not have the worst loss in final four history.

I do think that the 2016 recruiting class is a good start. McGusty and grandstaff are 2 unanimous top 60 recruits to go along with guys we have. If we can land some more in 2017, which all signs point to, I see championship banners in the future.

I'll take a Final Four appearance over a Big 12 title every day of the week.

I'll take a Final Four appearance over a Big 12 title every day of the week.

Agreed and so would KU. Just ask any KU fan. They are very bitter.

The pub our program and university received for the extra week of basketball far outweighs the pub for winning a conference regular season or tournament.

The pub our program and university received for the extra week of basketball far outweighs the pub for winning a conference regular season or tournament.

That's because winning big 12 championships is like breathing to them.

I rather go to a final four to. I also would like to have a team that could win the final four.

Amen!

You say rankings don't mean anything. Look at what Villanova players ranked. I think they have 1 5 star and 6 four star players. If you add that up to the 2 and 3 star recruits we have...it equals 45 point loss.

2018..we will be good. Next year, we aren't going to be good.

Clown post.

Your agenda has been proven. You've dogged everything OU has done and currently is doing.

Your agenda has been proven. You've dogged everything OU has done and currently is doing.

I have not dogged anything they are currently doing. Just because I say we're not going to be good next year doesn't mean we're not moving in the right direction. It means we lost our 3 best players. You need to not think Kruger walks on water. He's not the only good coach out there.

I will add this...if we add a transfer who can play immediately, which is likely, I could see that making us a lot better and helping us compete for a conference championship.

Last edited:
Back