Perspective: Looking Forward to Next Season

Outside of just being an OU fan, what else are you basing this on?

We're not a top 25 team and that's based on what other teams have coming back compared to what we have coming back.

It will be interesting to see where we finish in the big 12. We finished 3rd this year and we lost 4 out of our top 6 guys. West Virginia, Kansas, Texas, and Iowa state return more starters than us along with the rest of the big 12.

Texas loses more starters. Iowa State returns the same, right?

Outside of just being an OU fan, what else are you basing this on?

We're not a top 25 team and that's based on what other teams have coming back compared to what we have coming back.

It will be interesting to see where we finish in the big 12. We finished 3rd this year and we lost 4 out of our top 6 guys. West Virginia, Kansas, Texas, and Iowa state return more starters than us along with the rest of the big 12.

I think the leadership of LK, returning Woodard and Lattin and James. Adding another offseason for Buford, grandstaff, odomes, AK,
Adding a offensive difference maker in McGusty by the end of the year.

Of course we will struggle at times, if we fishing 20-12/22-11 like baylor, isu and texas we'll being in that 18-25 range.

I think that is capable with the talent on this roster.

Texas loses more starters. Iowa State returns the same, right?

They return Taylor, roach, Mack and they have one the top recruiting classes. If they land Allen, they will have an even better recruiting class.

ISU doesnt bother me with Nader, mckay and Niang leaving.. Morris is good of course

Baylor doesnt scare me at all.

Texas- doesnt scare me, but lose 5-6 and return some good kids

KSU- Doesnt scare me...

WVU- Handle the pressure and you have a great chance to win.

I think the leadership of LK, returning Woodard and Lattin and James. Adding another offseason for Buford, grandstaff, odomes, AK,
Adding a offensive difference maker in McGusty by the end of the year.

Of course we will struggle at times, if we fishing 20-12/22-11 like baylor, isu and texas we'll being in that 18-25 range.

I think that is capable with the talent on this roster.

You need to look at his unlv teams. He has down years.

And James has done nothing to think he will even start next year.

They return Taylor, roach, Mack and they have one the top recruiting classes. If they land Allen, they will have an even better recruiting class.

I like Texas team for sure. Smart doing a good job.

But we finish couple games over in Big 12 and you will be top 25

ISU doesnt bother me with Nader, mckay and Niang leaving.. Morris is good of course

Baylor doesnt scare me at all.

Texas- doesnt scare me, but lose 5-6 and return some good kids

KSU- Doesnt scare me...

WVU- Handle the pressure and you have a great chance to win.

Texas doesn't scare you? If they get Allen, they might have the best team in the big 12 next year.

I like Texas team for sure. Smart doing a good job.

But we finish couple games over in Big 12 and you will be top 25

Let's not forget, OSU returns everyone. If Underwood is legit, they will be good bc they will have scary guards. So they might the big 12 tougher. Jake Dixon returns his whole team and he can coach. Kansas state returns everyone and they beat us last year. Texas tech returns everyone. We lost our 3 best players and the big 12 just got tougher.

Next year will be tough to get to 20 wins.

James will start 100pct. The guy hit open shots yes, but he showed he can handle the ball and bully people on the offensive end. He plays great defense and can REBOUND!!!

Texas will be really good if Taylor comes back!!! If not they lose quite a bit.. KU loses a lot, but will reload like always.
WV will be solid, but NO legit big next year!

Texas only returns 1 starter, Taylor (if he doesn't go pro).

He hit open threes. Buddy and cousins are gone. Huge difference without them to take the pressure off.

You are grossly understating his play down the stretch. In the WVa game, he had one 3 point basket (I think; maybe 2) but made a number of good drives to the basket to either score or get fouled and hit the FT's. He's not going to replace Buddy next year as far as output but he will be better than your boy Pledger his Sr year (maybe not as good a shooter but a much better defender, ball handler, rebounder, etc.).

You need to look at his unlv teams. He has down years.

UNLV is in a much different situation than OU. They are a mid-major and thus recruiting is not going to be as good. I read an article this past week his wife was quoted as saying they knew the OU job gave them a much better chance to recruit the players to make a run at a Final 4 and NC. Besides, he did far more with the UNLV program than anyone except Tark who was a known cheater, and LK won't cheat.

Let's not forget, OSU returns everyone. If Underwood is legit, they will be good bc they will have scary guards. So they might the big 12 tougher. Jake Dixon returns his whole team and he can coach. Kansas state returns everyone and they beat us last year. Texas tech returns everyone. We lost our 3 best players and the big 12 just got tougher.

Next year will be tough to get to 20 wins.

Dude...you say this every year except last year (about this year). I remember you questioned the recruitment of Spangler, you were wrong. You questioned the Hield, Cousins and Hornbeak class, and you were wrong.
You questioned the transfer of M'Baye, and you were wrong. Need I go on? You never questioned the previous coach who drove us straight off the lip of the Grand Canyon, he "Thelma and Louise'd" us, basically. :ez-laugh:

It's time you give LK some credit and think he will rebuild us, he does have a plan, he is recruiting better players, etc. He's been to the tourney 4 years in a row and 2 of those were with sub-standard talent that he didn't recruit. He took lemons and made lemonade and he can do it again.

Last thing I'm going to say, Dixon will have a losing team at TCU next year, Underwood will not get OSU to finish higher than us, and neither will Baylor or Tech. Weber may beat us with KSU, but we will have at least 10 wins in conference next year and only KU is guaranteed at this point to finish ahead of us. The rest (OU, Texas, ISU, KSU, WVa) will all be battling for 2nd thru 6th.

you are grossly understating his play down the stretch. In the wva game, he had one 3 point basket (i think; maybe 2) but made a number of good drives to the basket to either score or get fouled and hit the ft's. He's not going to replace buddy next year as far as output but he will be better than your boy pledger his sr year (maybe not as good a shooter but a much better defender, ball handler, rebounder, etc.).

Unlv is in a much different situation than ou. They are a mid-major and thus recruiting is not going to be as good. I read an article this past week his wife was quoted as saying they knew the ou job gave them a much better chance to recruit the players to make a run at a final 4 and nc. Besides, he did far more with the unlv program than anyone except tark who was a known cheater, and lk won't cheat.

dude...you say this every year except last year (about this year). I remember you questioned the recruitment of spangler, you were wrong. You questioned the hield, cousins and hornbeak class, and you were wrong.
You questioned the transfer of m'baye, and you were wrong. Need i go on? You never questioned the previous coach who drove us straight off the lip of the grand canyon, he "thelma and louise'd" us, basically. :ez-laugh:

it's time you give lk some credit and think he will rebuild us, he does have a plan, he is recruiting better players, etc. He's been to the tourney 4 years in a row and 2 of those were with sub-standard talent that he didn't recruit. He took lemons and made lemonade and he can do it again.

Last thing i'm going to say, dixon will have a losing team at tcu next year, underwood will not get osu to finish higher than us, and neither will baylor or tech. Weber may beat us with ksu, but we will have at least 10 wins in conference next year and only ku is guaranteed at this point to finish ahead of us. The rest (ou, texas, isu, ksu, wva) will all be battling for 2nd thru 6th.

booooooooooom!

You are grossly understating his play down the stretch. In the WVa game, he had one 3 point basket (I think; maybe 2) but made a number of good drives to the basket to either score or get fouled and hit the FT's. He's not going to replace Buddy next year as far as output but he will be better than your boy Pledger his Sr year (maybe not as good a shooter but a much better defender, ball handler, rebounder, etc.).

UNLV is in a much different situation than OU. They are a mid-major and thus recruiting is not going to be as good.

Dude...you say this every year except last year (about this year). I remember you questioned the recruitment of Spangler, you were wrong. You questioned the Hield, Cousins and Hornbeak class, and you were wrong.
You questioned the transfer of M'Baye, and you were wrong. Need I go on? You never questioned the previous coach who drove us straight off the lip of the Grand Canyon, he "Thelma and Louise'd" us, basically. :ez-laugh:

I wasn't wrong about m'baye. Several on here said he was going to be our best player and I said no way. And I was right. Not to mention, after redshirting he only stayed one year.

Unlv has 2 top notch prep schools there. Findlay and bishop Gorman.

You bring up James and how well he did in that game. News flash, we lost.
And he will not be better than pledger next year. Your hatred towards pledger is hysterical.

booooooooooom!

You say rankings don't mean anything. Look at what Villanova players ranked. I think they have 1 5 star and 6 four star players. If you add that up to the 2 and 3 star recruits we have...it equals 45 point loss.

2018..we will be good. Next year, we aren't going to be good.

You say rankings don't mean anything. Look at what Villanova players ranked. I think they have 1 5 star and 6 four star players. If you add that up to the 2 and 3 star recruits we have...it equals 45 point loss.

2018..we will be good. Next year, we aren't going to be good.

Next year OU will have 7 four star recruits on their roster (according to ESPN).

And that number doesn't even include Woodard (clearly a good player) or Freeman (would have been a 4* if he played in the states).

Texas only returns 1 starter, Taylor (if he doesn't go pro).

Either way they have Taylor, Davis, roach, Mack and cleare. Davis and roach both average 7 ppg.

Plus they have 3 recruits ranked in the top 100 signed. And they are favored to land a 5 star center.

Next year OU will have 7 four star recruits on their roster (according to ESPN).

And that number doesn't even include Woodard (clearly a good player) or Freeman (would have been a 4* if he played in the states).

According to the other sites, we only have 2. And they rank foreign kids. And they have him as a 3 star.

According to the other sites, we only have 2. And they rank foreign kids. And they have him as a 3 star.

lmao @ 2. McGusty, Grandstaff, and Buford should be on every list made. And I'd argue that James and Odomes should be too.

Back