Pitt-Texas

Ace should have put a good word in for us when his cousin was looking for a school. He almost signed to Kelvin at IU.

Texas pisses me off. They are almost as young as we are, they should be struggling as much as we are.

Texas pisses me off. They are almost as young as we are, they should be struggling as much as we are.

I agree. All got my hopes up and everything when it was tied. That got out of hand quick at the end.

I don't agree with this comment. Texas has James, Mason, Pittman, Ward, Balblay, Wangmenne, Chapman, Gary Johnson, and Matt Hill returning. James, Mason, Johnson, Balblay and Pittman were pretty solid contributors. The others have all seen action. Texas can easily have 4 or 5 guys on the court that have previously started: James, Mason, Balblay, Pittman and Johnson (if he has started). They have 9 returning players. OU returned Crocker and Warren that played a lot, Davis, Wright and Allen had some experience but not starter experience. Texas' freshman have to compliment the team, they don't have carry the team. OU needs a lot more from its freshman.

Texas needs to work on free throws. But I love the way this squad plays defense.

Eh, I guess. And it REALLY helps texas that they have two legit posts with exp. Still, they are starting two true freshman in the backcourt and three true freshman are getting extended minutes there.

Could be they have better players and they could be coached better. Just saying-----

What does losing Ward do to that team?
Are they waiting on Lucas to take over that team?

It's unfortunate they lost Ward they way they did but it won't matter too much... they are loaded w/guards.

Speaking of Texas' guards, the Jai Lucas thing still makes me scratch my head a bit. I thought if Jai were to ever transfer out of Florida there'd be a great chance he'd come and play for Capel especially given that the Sooners have a lot of youth. NOPE... he transfers to Texas where they are already LOADED in the backcourt. :confused:

Back