Potentially good news in our quest for Clark

Sooner23

Reaction score
Rumors of Kansas leading for Harrison Barnes, which if is the case probably eliminates one of our tough competitors for Clark. Of course, it's a rumor from a paper in Minnesota, but we don't have much to go on around here. And then there's still Texas, Kentucky, North Carolina and Arizona in the race for Clark.

The latest buzz is that 6-foot-6 Harrison Barnes, the consensus No. 1 incoming senior prep basketball player in the nation and someone of whom the Gophers have been in hot pursuit, is leaning toward Kansas.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_12585998?source=most_viewed

Last edited:
That's the first I've heard of that. Let that please be true. That would be great on both fronts.

The Harrison to KU rumor is definetely conjecture in my opinion. Not saying that KU isn't leading, but the guy doesn't indicate anything in recruiting.

How about Iowa State gets Barnes and OU gets Clark. That would be great!

Well anyone who follows Harrison knows he speaks very little about who's a leader.

No one's arguing/laughing about that.

We're laughing at BigTime's oxymoronic phrase.

Well anyone who follows Harrison knows he speaks very little about who's a leader.

I thought the rumor might have some legs since it came from a Minnesota paper, and he's playing for a Minnesota-based AAU team this summer.

I thought the rumor might have some legs since it came from a Minnesota paper, and he's playing for a Minnesota-based AAU team this summer.

He plays for the All Iowa Attack. Does he play for a Minnesota team as well.

He apparently switched to Howard Pulley from Minneapolis.

The 6-foot-6 Barnes plays small forward for Ames, but will likely be a shooting guard at the college level. This past weekend he participated in the Nike Memorial Day Classic, his first event since officially switching fulltime to Minnesota-based AAU team Howard Pulley.

http://www.gocyclones.com/news.php?ID=1582

Back