Progress since the Houston loss

thebigabd

Reaction score
We talk a lot on this board about progress from early season losses... Houston put 100 on OU and UTEP put 89 (and let a lot of air out of the ball because they were up 15 the whole second half) on them tonight.... Didnt seem much different really.

How would you say the team has progressed? A lot? Not much?

I made a point about this earlier on another post...Honestly, from my perspective (keep in mind that I'm no expert) we have shown very little progress over the last month...We're still making the same mistakes over and over...Little to no defense and no offensive rhythm

Progress? NONE defensively.

You know the line up of Cade, Crocker, TMG, Tiny, Willie is just a patch to get some of the win we had. But this lineup will not survive in the long run.

Well, we had a 12 pt lead on Houston and I don't know that we ever lead against UTEP. The line-up is just bad, I don't care that we won against Utah and crappy Arky and 'Zona with it. We clearly need somebody to help rebound and play D in the post. It needs to be Fitz, Tiny, WW, TMG, and Crock out there to start with Cade subbing in for both Crock and WW. You can't judge a player by watching him in practice alone and you don't get better sitting on the bench. At this point it seems like there is no need in having either Allen or Fitz on scholly if you never play them. Lastly, for being so nimble, Tiny seems to have the weakest vertical I can recall of anybody 6'9 in my life. The guy gets out-boarded by 6'7 white guys.

Well, we had a 12 pt lead on Houston and I don't know that we ever lead against UTEP. The line-up is just bad, I don't care that we won against Utah and crappy Arky and 'Zona with it. We clearly need somebody to help rebound and play D in the post. It needs to be Fitz, Tiny, WW, TMG, and Crock out there to start with Cade subbing in for both Crock and WW. You can't judge a player by watching him in practice alone and you don't get better sitting on the bench. At this point it seems like there is no need in having either Allen or Fitz on scholly if you never play them. Lastly, for being so nimble, Tiny seems to have the weakest vertical I can recall of anybody 6'9 in my life. The guy gets out-boarded by 6'7 white guys.

We all knew that this lineup won't work, but because of the 6 games winning streak against crappy teams (And don't tell me that beating Arizona is good, San Diego State drilled them) we all hoped that it can carry us through the rest of the season. It's better that we find out earlier and not during conference play.

Back