Ray W. 21 minutes leads team with 7 boards

buttermaker1

Reaction score
How bad is this team Ray plays 21 minutes and leads the team with 7 boards

Capel ripped Willis big time in his postgame presser with BBS.

Really? How bad was it?

Called him incredibly weak. Mentioned going down the court and airballing 15 footers. Weak mentally and physically. Couldn't guard Page and let him get into a rhythm. It was pretty brutal.

Yup he sucked but so the team we gave up 97. Willis still led the team in rebounds in 21 minutes Jeff. Get a clue JEFF.

Going zone (something that we have shone that we can't do very well though the year and again today!) doesn't help!

Called him incredibly weak. Mentioned going down the court and airballing 15 footers. Weak mentally and physically. Couldn't guard Page and let him get into a rhythm. It was pretty brutal.

Did he really??

Unfortunately, refs think Capel is weak.

Well Capel pretty much told it like it is, he say anything else noteworthy 11?.

Well Capel pretty much told it like it is, he say anything else noteworthy 11?.

Called out Ryan Wright in a way. I guess Wright after the UT game said that playing that well was like a dream come true. Capel said surely Wright has to have more dreams than to just play well one game, we have a lot of season left.

Said the game turned on offensive rebounds. OSU got them and made us pay with second chance shots.

Said OU put themselves in this position with stupid decisions off the court. Have to get tougher mentally, young guys aren't dealing with adversity well.

Also said "screw that" once. Not sure if you can say that on the radio or not. :ez-laugh:

I honestly am growing a little weary of Coach blasting players in the media. As bad as Willis was today, Coach is the one that saw enough talent in him to offer him a scholarship. Also, it is the coach's job to get these guys ready to play. He needs to hold himself accountable for misjudging talent and/or not getting them ready to play. I'm not saying he doesn't, because I have no way of knowing, but when you consistently rip your players in the media it's almost like you're sending the message that they bear all of the blame and you bear none.

Capel was right on with Willis. He was pathetic on defense, giving Page whatever he wanted. On offense, he may have been worse, shooting airballs and basically just chunking up 20-footers when he felt it was his turn to shoot.

I have never been a Willis fan, mostly because of his poor attitude on the bench, and his play has never impressed me. But today is an all-time low. He was a big reason we gave up 97.

I'm going to be very disappointed if Willis is on the roster next season. If the guy has a bad attitude and isn't good enough to play for us, send him on his way.

I honestly am growing a little weary of Coach blasting players in the media. As bad as Willis was today, Coach is the one that saw enough talent in him to offer him a scholarship. Also, it is the coach's job to get these guys ready to play. He needs to hold himself accountable for misjudging talent and/or not getting them ready to play. I'm not saying he doesn't, because I have no way of knowing, but when you consistently rip your players in the media it's almost like you're sending the message that they bear all of the blame and you bear none.

Ultimately, the coach can only do so much. A large portion of the burden lies with the players to improve themselves by working hard in the weight room, on their game in the offseason, etc

Coaches get way too much credit all the time IMO

Capel was right on with Willis. He was pathetic on defense, giving Page whatever he wanted. On offense, he may have been worse, shooting airballs and basically just chunking up 20-footers when he felt it was his turn to shoot.

I have never been a Willis fan, mostly because of his poor attitude on the bench, and his play has never impressed me. But today is an all-time low. He was a big reason we gave up 97.

LMAO - Jeff to Ray = Hey Ray you have only played 101 minutes this year but start for us against OSU on the road and play like you actually are part of the regular rotation. I know we haven't considered you were part of the team or had you in the game plan all year but just ignore that just play like Willie Warren okay. You have had plenty of time watching how Willie does it right?

I'm going to be very disappointed if Willis is on the roster next season. If the guy has a bad attitude and isn't good enough to play for us, send him on his way.

I guess Tiny, TMG and Fitz shouldn't be either they have been suspended this year for breaking team rules, they must have a bad attitude too.

I think Ray was probably out next year in any event...no information, just a hunch I have had since the first game of this season.

There's a lot of guys on this team, that are a problem, not just Willis.

I just want some hard nosed basketball players. Guys that play hard, hustle, play good defense. Those three things make up for a lack of talent. We just aren't very tough mentally or physically.

Back