Realistic timeline on transfers

jaymOU

Reaction score
We have some good posters on this board with some inside info and I need a realistic timeline on when OU might start getting some transfers.

I need a fix...I can't keep checking this site - 750 times a day :)

I try to stay above the fray on all of this "football board-like personal attacks", so that eliminates a lot of reading, but I am worried I will miss something trying to miss the name-calling posts.

My favorite part of this board has always been the legit back-and-forth discussions about the OU basketball program, which we all love to root for.

Just hoping for some positive portal news soon!

We have some good posters on this board with some inside info and I need a realistic timeline on when OU might start getting some transfers.

I need a fix...I can't keep checking this site - 750 times a day :)

I try to stay above the fray on all of this "football board-like personal attacks", so that eliminates a lot of reading, but I am worried I will miss something trying to miss the name-calling posts.

My favorite part of this board has always been the legit back-and-forth discussions about the OU basketball program, which we all love to root for.

Just hoping for some positive portal news soon!

trying to get info on the 2 guys there was in last weekend .. depending on how that went it could happen soon ..

OU is bring in 1 confirmed and likely multiple guys again this coming weekend ..

my guess is that OU will have 1 commit at least in the next 2 weeks and 2-3 in the next 3 weeks ..

Last year:

Grant Sherfield entered the transfer portal on Apr 14th
Grant Sherfield signed with Oklahoma Sooners on May 25th

Joe Bamisile entered the transfer portal on Mar 16th
Joe Bamisile signed with Oklahoma Sooners on Apr 12th

Umoja Gibson entered the transfer portal on Apr 27th
Umoja Gibson signed with DePaul Blue Demons on May 21st

Elijah Harkless entered the transfer portal on Apr 11th
Elijah Harkless signed with UNLV Rebels on Apr 19th

Seems like it just depends. If they already have a place in mind, it could be a week. If PM is allowed to get some visits and work on a guy, it can be a month to a month and a half of work.

trying to get info on the 2 guys there was in last weekend .. depending on how that went it could happen soon ..

OU is bring in 1 confirmed and likely multiple guys again this coming weekend ..

my guess is that OU will have 1 commit at least in the next 2 weeks and 2-3 in the next 3 weeks ..

Good info. Curious, do you have a connection in the BBall office?

Last year:

Grant Sherfield entered the transfer portal on Apr 14th
Grant Sherfield signed with Oklahoma Sooners on May 25th

Joe Bamisile entered the transfer portal on Mar 16th
Joe Bamisile signed with Oklahoma Sooners on Apr 12th

Umoja Gibson entered the transfer portal on Apr 27th
Umoja Gibson signed with DePaul Blue Demons on May 21st

Elijah Harkless entered the transfer portal on Apr 11th
Elijah Harkless signed with UNLV Rebels on Apr 19th

Seems like it just depends. If they already have a place in mind, it could be a week. If PM is allowed to get some visits and work on a guy, it can be a month to a month and a half of work.

This is the kind of info we need! Thanks. Helps "calm" my nerves a little :)

It's different for every scenario/player. Quite a few kids have already committed. Others have a list as small as 5. Some are much earlier in the process.

Given that OU is going to be chasing a lot of kids that will have a lot of options, I'm guessing we get one soon, but it might drag on a little bit. Again, each situation is different. If a kid knows where they want to go, the process goes much more quickly. If they are chasing NIL or just really don't know/care when they end up, some of them can play this out over a longer period of time.

keep in mind there is now a dead period monday-thursday

things will get busy again on friday ..

This ismy opinion only but kind of an educated guess:

The guys you see going in the portal and very quickly committing had a fair amount of tampering and illegal contact.

I'm fine with guys entering the portal but I'm not real hip on coaches or people involved with a program contacting guts or their families when they aren't even in the portal and it happens a fair amount.

This is where the lack of legitimate media coverage of OU basketball is so annoying. I just read an article in the Wichita paper about their first official visit from a portal target over the weekend, and I have seen multiple columns about KSU and KU -- how many transfers they plan to sign, which positions, etc. Meanwhile, we get far more info on this board (thanks, insiders!) than we do from the people paid to cover the team.

Back