Reaves

I’ll buy dinner for five posters chosen randomly if he comes back. :) No chance it happens, as much as most of us would selfishly love to see it. I’d bet a fair amount the same is true for Brady and Alondes.

Hope so. Don't see him as a 1st rd pick.

He won’t be a first rounder but he will probably outplay half of the first round if he gets an opportunity.

Great 2 years, really enjoyed watching him play.

He won’t be a first rounder but he will probably outplay half of the first round if he gets an opportunity.

Nope. He isn't getting to the rim like that in the NBA with his 3 point shot. At best he'll flirt with an end of bench spot for a few years.

Could make a lot of money playing overseas tough.

Would obviously love to have him back next year. He took his game to another level from last season to this one. If he can get a three point shot down, he’d be unstoppable at the college level.

Nope. He isn't getting to the rim like that in the NBA with his 3 point shot. At best he'll flirt with an end of bench spot for a few years.

Could make a lot of money playing overseas tough.

We will see. I am an nba fantasy guy and can confirm there are many many players on the benches of nba teams who couldn’t hold reaves jock.

Don’t see him coming back as he could make good money in Europe, the main reason to return would be to improve his outside shot for next years draft (2022), but that still may not help that much b/c he will also be a year older going into that draft and scouts will knock him down some for that.

Also it may not help Harmon’s growth as a player as he most likely will be the point guard next year. Same could be said if Manek returned, don’t think that helps Hill’s development.

I would think next year you have a decent core w/ Harmon, Gibson, Harkless and Hill and then hopefully Nolan can contribute early. Then maybe some of the younger players can develop more w/ a normal off season along with a transfer or 2 coming in.

Forgot about Williams...think he could help them quite a bit if he returns

Last edited:
he has to be very lucky, whether drafted or signed as a free agent, to go to a team where he will even be given the chance to play, let alone play his style. too much of his success comes from being ball dominant. he has to go the g league route and re-invent himself as a facilitator first guy. needs to style his game similar to the hawks' bogdanovic.

he has the talent, can he adapt? it would be awesome having another sooner in the league. but i think the refs are the biggest factor in him not coming back.

he has to be very lucky, whether drafted or signed as a free agent, to go to a team where he will even be given the chance to play, let alone play his style. too much of his success comes from being ball dominant. he has to go the g league route and re-invent himself as a facilitator first guy. needs to style his game similar to the hawks' bogdanovic.

he has the talent, can he adapt? it would be awesome having another sooner in the league. but i think the refs are the biggest factor in him not coming back.

One thing to remember is that he played his first two years of college in a system where he wasn’t ever allowed to facilitate and was just asked to be a spot up shooter, and he shot at an elite level in that role. So he has shown what he can do in both roles. Biggest thing working against him is age, which is why coming back would do more harm than good. I don’t see any scenario where a team would draft a 24-year-old, which is what he will be if he comes back.

Here we go again with the annual thread of posters predicting that one of our players will be in the NBA. Show of hands, how many of you predicted that Doolittle would make an NBA roster?

Reaves is a good college player but he won't make an NBA team. He doesn't handle the ball well enough, shoot it well enough, or make good enough decisions.

Here we go again with the annual thread of posters predicting that one of our players will be in the NBA. Show of hands, how many of you predicted that Doolittle would make an NBA roster?

Reaves is a good college player but he won't make an NBA team. He doesn't handle the ball well enough, shoot it well enough, or make good enough decisions.

I don't like that I'm agreeing with you so much lately, but you nailed this.

Happens every year.

Happens every year.

Yep, and it's not fair to the players... We heard this with Jamuni, Odomes, Doolittle, and lots of other players. It happens every year.

Reaves should be considered a really good sooner basketball player. Faults sure. They all do.

Happens every year.

Another thing that happens every year: you disappearing from the board for weeks at a time when things are going well, then returning to gleefully pile on when the program you claim to support struggles.

Reaves should be considered a really good sooner basketball player. Faults sure. They all do.

People are free to consider any player any way they choose. Austin had a great year, for sure.

Ya, it's cool if an OU guy gets in the NBA, and I know it helps with recruiting top talent...that is the only reason I give a rat's rear end. I don't care for the nba at all...

He played well this yr. As I stated many times in game threads or whatever, there is a love/hate relationship...lol. Many very good but every game he pulled some boneheaded crap it SEEMED at pretty crucial times.

With that said, the team wouldn't have been where they got without him.

If his desire to play nba cool...hope he gets a chance somewhere to make money playing ball.

I suspect fans on every board have NBA dreams for their players. Who cares if a few posters aim too high in appraising one of our players' pro prospects? What harm is done?

And I remember many posters saying trae would be a bust due to his size and defense. That was a much more embarrassing take than thinking a guy like reaves can be an nba player.

Back