Reaves

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
What a performance against a phenomenal team. Great two years at OU, and Williams and Kur also played well in their final games. Manek unfortunately didn’t give us anything today. But it’s amazing how little recognition AR got in the game thread for one of the best tournament performances by a Sooner. He made bad decisions at times during his career, to be sure, but the good outweighed the bad many times over and it’s a shame how much crap and how little credit he got during his time in Norman.

:clap:clap:clap

Good luck to him in his pro career. He's a great player and will be missed.

Do we think Austin is for sure leaving? I, for one, will miss him dearly.

Well said. He is the heart and soul of this team. I'm worried about next year without him. The dude can score the basketball for sure.

Well said. He is the heart and soul of this team. I'm worried about next year without him. The dude can score the basketball for sure.

Do not worry about next year... Things will be fine.

He was the best player on the court today. Tough as nails, really gonna miss him.

Do we think Austin is for sure leaving? I, for one, will miss him dearly.

I could see him returning if he wants to go straight into coaching after his career. Some mock drafts have him creeping into the 2nd round. He has some options to weigh. Returning for another probably doesn't improve his NBA stock unless he takes a big leap in 3pt shooting (especially off the dribble).

I could see him returning if he wants to go straight into coaching after his career. Some mock drafts have him creeping into the 2nd round. He has some options to weigh. Returning for another probably doesn't improve his NBA stock unless he takes a big leap in 3pt shooting (especially off the dribble).

Returning makes no sense for him... he's a 5th year senior, he did what he had to do to continue playing basketball if he wants. It won't be in the NBA, but he can continue playing.

Thank you, Austin, for wearing the Crimson & Cream! You will be missed, young man.

I would like for him to return. With that being said, he will do what's best for him.

Returning makes no sense for him... he's a 5th year senior, he did what he had to do to continue playing basketball if he wants. It won't be in the NBA, but he can continue playing.

I think today's game changed that. He was able to do anything he wanted offensively against a team with two lotto picks and NBA talent at every position. He's too talented not to make a NBA roster.

Austin responded to this already... said he hasn't made a decision yet, lives in the moment, and hasn't thought about it yet.

Reaves is better than Cousins and he got a look in the NBA. Reaves is probably right on the fringe of making a roster. I'm not sure coming back improves his chances though.

Austin has been solid all season...not perfect, but pretty darned good for a two guard who was asked to run our offense. He had some memorable games throughout the year, but his last in a Sooner uniform might have been his best. He will definitely be missed next season!

Thank you, Austin!!! :OUbball-logo:

I'd give my left pinky for him to return, but I'm not holding my breath. He's not perfect, but who is? He's been a great Sooner -- vastly underappreciated by too many -- and we'll definitely miss him next season.

You’ll see him in the nba soon.

Back