Reaves

And I remember many posters saying trae would be a bust due to his size and defense. That was a much more embarrassing take than thinking a guy like reaves can be an nba player.

yep

And I remember many posters saying trae would be a bust due to his size and defense. That was a much more embarrassing take than thinking a guy like reaves can be an nba player.

Sure that was a bad take too, but it takes nothing away from my point.

There are two sides to this. I'll say it again, "THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO THIS EQUATION." There are those who exaggerate to the high side as well as those who exaggerate to the low side for both are wrong. They both are examples of a failure to see things as they are. I'm attempting to introduce a word called "REALITY." If people cannot see things for as they are what can they see? It's embarrassing all around and it's not a G-damn pick and choose affair for it is all wrong, but I try to lean on common sense as opposed to common dense!

Ya, it's cool if an OU guy gets in the NBA, and I know it helps with recruiting top talent...

Does it though? Did we really see an uptick in recruiting after Blake, Buddy, or Trae? I would say we didn't. Which means Reaves sneaking onto the end of some bench is unlikely to have much of an impact.

Does it though? Did we really see an uptick in recruiting after Blake, Buddy, or Trae? I would say we didn't. Which means Reaves sneaking onto the end of some bench is unlikely to have much of an impact.

Absolutely it does. Almost every guard mentions how they like OU's system, spacing, & what they give guards the freedom to do.

Absolutely it does. Almost every guard mentions how they like OU's system, spacing, & what they give guards the freedom to do.

Which has zero to do with OU getting a guy drafted or sitting on the bench in the NBA.

Two completely different concepts. But sure.....I'm glad all of these 3* guards enjoy Lon's system.

Some of that is due in part to the players that we can put on the court and that's a function of, you guessed it, not having players of size. Seems we have utilized a 4 guard lineup and what's not to like if you, by chance, played that position.

There are two sides to this. I'll say it again, "THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO THIS EQUATION." There are those who exaggerate to the high side as well as those who exaggerate to the low side for both are wrong. They both are examples of a failure to see things as they are. I'm attempting to introduce a word called "REALITY." If people cannot see things for as they are what can they see? It's embarrassing all around and it's not a G-damn pick and choose affair for it is all wrong, but I try to lean on common sense as opposed to common dense!

Sure bad takes on both sides. The negative takes on trae are literally the most misinformed takes I’ve ever seen on the board, though. It’s like the difference between a common cut (reaves not making the pros) and a shark bite (trae being a bust).

Which has zero to do with OU getting a guy drafted or sitting on the bench in the NBA.

Two completely different concepts. But sure.....I'm glad all of these 3* guards enjoy Lon's system.

Oh we're just talking about Reaves? I thought Buddy & Trae were part of the conversation.

I could give 2 sh*** what star they are as long as they can play. Guards were easily the strength this year, as well as every year. Guards are not the problem.

Edit: looking back at it, Trae & Buddy were definitely part of the conversation.

Sure bad takes on both sides. The negative takes on trae are literally the most misinformed takes I’ve ever seen on the board, though. It’s like the difference between a common cut (reaves not making the pros) and a shark bite (trae being a bust).

The question remains was it done to illicit a certain response so as to provoke or were these legitimate opinions held by the poster(s). Trolls will be trolls so the focus should be on the non trolls as opposed to throwing them all into the same mix (I prefer my brownies w/o the nuts).

Oh we're just talking about Reaves? I thought Buddy & Trae were part of the conversation.

I could give 2 sh*** what star they are as long as they can play. Guards were easily the strength this year, as well as every year. Guards are not the problem.

Edit: looking back at it, Trae & Buddy were definitely part of the conversation.

And I stand by my point, OU is not recruiting in a way to suggest those guys being in the NBA is giving us a boost. Guards being the strength of this year's team doesn't mean we have the kind of guards we need to accomplish the goals that some of us posting here have for the team.

Compare our guards to some of the teams that finished in front of us in the Big 12 and tell me guards are not the problem.

And I stand by my point, OU is not recruiting in a way to suggest those guys being in the NBA is giving us a boost. Guards being the strength of this year's team doesn't mean we have the kind of guards we need to accomplish the goals that some of us posting here have for the team.

Compare our guards to some of the teams that finished in front of us in the Big 12 and tell me guards are not the problem.

Other than Baylor, you can tell me there was a team that had a better set of 5 guards than Reaves, Harmon, Harkless, Gibson, & Williams? I guess osu but that's just because of Cunningham.

KU & Tech are a push, Texas & WVU would be closely behind, and the other 3 aren't even a discussion.

Talking about production, not ratings or talent.

Other than Baylor, you can tell me there was a team that had a better set of 5 guards than Reaves, Harmon, Harkless, Gibson, & Williams? I guess osu but that's just because of Cunningham.

KU & Tech are a push, Texas & WVU would be closely behind, and the other 3 aren't even a discussion.

Talking about production, not ratings or talent.

You're making comparisons of a team, which is guard oriented, without size versus teams with size. What possible differences are posed by such aspects? One teams plays more smaller players and their skills, or lack thereof, are on display. You don't see this displayed by those teams who are less reliant on a smaller roster. Thus we really don't get a full handle of what type of guards some teams have because they don't get the same court time. Is this not a possibility?

ya....not sure. We definitely aren't getting NBA talent guard recruits coming out of HS. I'll also add, very few schools are. Guessing Lon isn't going after those tops guys.

As I said, if it helps...cool...if not, no biggie.

Anyone know if Reaves made it to 1,000 career points (just at OU)? I'm guessing he didn't have enough career games due to the shortened seasons, but I'll bet he got fairly close.

Anyone know if Reaves made it to 1,000 career points (just at OU)? I'm guessing he didn't have enough career games due to the shortened seasons, but I'll bet he got fairly close.

913 according to sports reference
456 last year
457 this year

I don't see any reason why Reaves can't make an NBA roster in some capacity.

These things can and do change frequently leading up to the draft, but this is one of the leading draft analysts so his opinion carries a lot more weight than most of the generic mock drafts you see.

Yep..draft express not only does an accurate job evaluating players, but they're plugged in with teams' scouts and they know how teams view players as well. Jonathan Wasserman (Bleacher Report's draft guy) has said the same about Reaves too.

Good for Austin, he's an NBA player and the national media is taking notice.

Back