> @ Baylor
> @ Kansas
> Oklahoma State

9-6 ... Baylor
> West Virginia
> @ Texas
> Texas Tech

Last edited:
Think Texas or West Virginia can shock KU at home? I know it doesn't matter, but they'd have a total meltdown or scare if either got them.

Really? I think ISU has a tough schedule. They have two road games and could be upset by either or both OU and Baylor at home. Honestly, everyone still has a tough schedule. There simply are not easy games in this conference other than perhaps Tech and TCU at home.

Think ISU has the best schedule left to claim the title.

Yep. By a mile. They are the only team without a road game left against a contender. They also have the second best home court advantage after KU. They won at WVU too.

I think everyone has a tough run. It's going to be fun!

Interestingly, each of the top five teams has two games remaining where the opponent is also a top five team. Iowa State gets both of their top five opponents at home. WVU goes on the road to both of their top five opponents.

The Iowa State @ Kansas State game this Saturday will be very interesting. Can K-State score enough points at home to beat the Cyclones? That should be a fun battle to watch.

I'd rather have three games to play than four. The more games you play the more opportunities to slip up.

My question to you guys is how do we want this to play out?
Obviously we want ou to win out but say they lose to ISU but beat KU how do we want it to play out to help us?
11-4 .. Kansas
> Texas L Texas gives KU another loss and helps their RPI(which helps ours)
> West Virgina W so that WVU won't finish ahead of us
> @ Oklahoma L obvious

10-4 .. Iowa State
> Baylor L to keep us tied with ISU
> @ Kansas State W to keep ISUs ranking good? Or do we want an L here?
> Oklahoma L obvious
> @ TCU W

10-5 .. Oklahoma
> TCU w
> @ Iowa State W
> Kansas w

This is where it gets tricky. I don't want WVU to sneak up and finish better then us but I don't want their ranking to fall so the big 12 looks better. I gues no matter what the big 12 will look good becAuse the teams WVU faces are all teams that could use the win against WVU to help with seeding it in Texas' case get them in the tourney.

9-5 ... West Virginia
> Texas L help Texas' RPI and makes OU look good for sweeping
> @ Baylor L? indifferent
> @ Kansas L but a win wouldn't kill me because they may help us sneak in above KU
> Oklahoma State L helps OU with OSU looking better and OU swept them

8-6 ... Baylor
> @ Iowa StateW
> West Virginia W
> @ Texas L would help Texas get in and again we swept Texas
> Texas Tech W

Final standings:
Oklahoma 13-5
Kansas 12-6
ISU 12-6
Baylor 11-7
WVU 9-9
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Even with only 3 or 4 games remaining, it is way too complicated to answer "how do you want to see this play out."

I want to see OKLAHOMA play each remaining game as if it were their last.
> Fast starts
> Focus
> Fight
> Good execution

There are certain to be some upsets down the stretch. OU needs to take care of business this Saturday at home against TCU. There is no such thing as a sure thing.

If we beat TCU and KU, but lose to ISU, what do we need to have happen for us to finish in 1st? 2nd?

If we beat TCU and KU, but lose to ISU, what do we need to have happen for us to finish in 1st? 2nd?

In your above scenario, it is likely we finish no worse than third....everything else being equal. But there is a lot that can happen. We will have a much better indication after our game with ISU on Monday.

If we don't win the league/get the #1 seed in Kansas City, I would rather have isu on the same side of our bracket as the 2 or 3 seed than Kansas. IMO, isu on a neutral floor is a slightly easier task than Ku. I just don't see WV or Baylor making a run at the 3 seed with each of those team's remaining schedules. Both of those teams will, in all likelihood, lose two more games before conference is concluded.

Last edited:
1. Cheer for Ou no matter what

2. Cheer for anyone besides ku

The nice thing is ... if we win Saturday, we will basically lock up 3rd place with a chance to win two and win the thing.

In your above scenario, it is likely we finish no worse than third....everything else being equal. But there is a lot that can happen. We will have a much better indication after our game with ISU on Monday.

If we don't win the league/get the #1 seed in Kansas City, I would rather have isu on the same side of our bracket as the 2 or 3 seed than Kansas. IMO, isu on a neutral floor is a slightly easier task than Ku. I just don't see WV or Baylor making a run at the 3 seed with each of those team's remaining schedules. Both of those teams will, in all likelihood, lose two more games before conference is concluded.

Kansas City is of course a home court advantage for KU every year but Iowa State fans travel really well, too. ISU guards aren't as good this year as they were last year.

I posted this before West Virginia won at Texas...which would have made it a bit more of a slam dunk statement. :)

Bottom line is we only have one road game left with a one game lead on Baylor, who has two against stiff competition. WVU has two road games left against the top half of the conference.

Baylor will lose two more with four games left @ISU, @UT, West Virginia, and Texas Tech.

West Virginia has the toughest big 12 schedule left with @Baylor, @KU, and OSU at home.

Worst case scenario, OU, WVU, and Baylor all tie for third at 11-7. In that scenario, it would be

3. WVU (win over KU)
4. OU (win over ISU)
5. Baylor (0-4 against the top two in conference)

Back