Remaining schedules of top teams in the Big-12 Conference

I posted this before West Virginia won at Texas...which would have made it a bit more of a slam dunk statement. :)

Bottom line is we only have one road game left with a one game lead on Baylor, who has two against stiff competition. WVU has two road games left against the top half of the conference.

Baylor will lose two more with four games left @ISU, @UT, West Virginia, and Texas Tech.

West Virginia has the toughest big 12 schedule left with @Baylor, @KU, and OSU at home.

Worst case scenario, OU, WVU, and Baylor all tie for third at 11-7. In that scenario, it would be

3. WVU (win over KU)
4. OU (win over ISU)
5. Baylor (0-4 against the top two in conference)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if all of the above teams finish at 11-7 (including WV losing at Baylor on Saturday), then the 1st tie breaker would be round robin between the three teams. Thus the seeding would be:
3. Baylor (2-0 vs WV, 1-1 vs. OU)
4. OU (split with both teams)
5. WV (0-2 vs Baylor, 1-1 vs. OU)

I thought that was the first tie-breaker, but I'm not sure.

Big road upset by Baylor.

Every team has 3 games remaining. The standings have been updated in the OP.

Almost impossible to predict this league!
I'll be happy if we finish 2-1 regardless of what seed we get. I think that would have us winning 9 of our last 11? Pretty strong finish.

Almost impossible to predict this league!....

Wonder what surprises we will behold on Saturday.

> Iowa State @ Kansas State?
> West Virginia @ Baylor?
> Texas @ Kansas?
> TCU @ Oklahoma?

Nothing is a sure thing.

We can't sleep on TCU. They are playing much better of late. Hopefully we can get that W and get some shooting confidence back.

Wonder what surprises we will behold on Saturday.

> Iowa State @ Kansas State?
> West Virginia @ Baylor?
> Texas @ Kansas?
> TCU @ Oklahoma?

Nothing is a sure thing.

Baylor has been known to have a few "let down" games this season. Remember that osu swept Baylor, so WV can certainly win that game....if their team doesn't foul out. I think we will also find out if Texas has mailed it in for the season. If they play inspired against Kansas, then there still may be some hope for them. I don't see how ISU has another bad perimeter shooting night...and with KSU in their euphoric state after the KU win, then I could see that getting out of hand. But you never know....the octagon is a tough place to play.

I think OU comes out and smothers TCU on Saturday. I look for a 70-52 type of game.

Back