Revisiting the UNC loss...

Personallly, I just see TU saying that Crocker and AJ are not bad palyers. He is basically defending players on the team, not saying anything negative about coach Capel. AJ busted his @$$ at OU and for the most part got insulted by fans. As a true freshman he went into the game against Villanova and helped calm down the team. That Villanova team had three guards on it that are in the NBA right now. The guy fought injuries his entire career. That should earn respect not insults.

Crocker is a good player. He will start this year just like he did last year. Tony Crocker won the Syracuse game. He has been a streaky shooter but lots if not most players are streaky shooters.

I interpret the comments about Capel as simply saying if AJ and Crocker suck why didn't Capel replace them. I think it is more like Capel didn't think they sucked than it is an insult on Capel.

Same old song and dance. You were on the board before me. WOW! You are now entitled to the lost gold in the Arbuckles hid by Jesse James himself. Happy now. I didn't know this was a competition. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll:

We were just outmanned, as was everyone else who played UNC. There was no way we could have beaten them

I disagree. I went into the game fearing that we were outmanned, but in fact, as has been pointed out, we gave UNC the best game they had in the tourney, and we played nowhere near our best that night.

I was very disappointed because what I saw in that game is that, in fact, we could have played with UNC, if we'd brought our A game.

We didn't, though. Blake ended up having a good game, but he struggled early and the rest of the squad was just not at their best, unfortunately. That's not to take anything away from UNC, but we could have beaten them. That's why the loss was a bitter one for some of us -- it actually showed us that, on a good night, we could have beaten those guys.

Sadly, we didn't have a good night.

Having said that, I'll ask, is there an ignore function on this board, as there was on the old one? Because a certain poster is up to his old tricks, and I'd like to ignore him again, as I did on the Insider board.

I disagree. I went into the game fearing that we were outmanned, but in fact, as has been pointed out, we gave UNC the best game they had in the tourney, and we played nowhere near our best that night.

I was very disappointed because what I saw in that game is that, in fact, we could have played with UNC, if we'd brought our A game.

We didn't, though. Blake ended up having a good game, but he struggled early and the rest of the squad was just not at their best, unfortunately. That's not to take anything away from UNC, but we could have beaten them. That's why the loss was a bitter one for some of us -- it actually showed us that, on a good night, we could have beaten those guys.

Sadly, we didn't have a good night.

Having said that, I'll ask, is there an ignore function on this board, as there was on the old one? Because a certain poster is up to his old tricks, and I'd like to ignore him again, as I did on the Insider board.

I think we had a great chance to beat UNC.... its just a shame that we didn't even play at our B game.

As for the ignore function.... I'm not sure, just PM OUH about it.

That's right Denver. I guess some of us don't think before we post. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-laugh:

OU was outmanned. Besides Blake no one on the court was good enough to playfor UNC that night.

Willie has the ability but he didn't have it consistently during the season.

I think that game showed what most coaches always tell you. You win the big games with guards. If you don't have them, you will have big trouble against teams who do.

Kelvin had good teams because he had good guards. His post men were servicable most of the time, but he had great guards to win games. Ace was a good player the final 4 year but without, White and Price OU doesn't go where they went.

Capel has to find 3 good guards on the same team. Hopefully this year he will have that because the inside scoring won't be the same.

Back