Ricky Scott probably still a backup plan?

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
If we were to miss out on our recruits in the spring and Pelphrey gets let go, I think OU may get back in on him. He's got the defensive makeup to really help this team. Arkansas really doesnt have much of a class. Marvell Waite is their best prospect and probably the best Juco player in the nation. I don't see OU getting in on him because he came down to Rutgers and Arkie. I do see maybe a UK or UConn jumping in on him because prospects like him are hot commodities in the spring.

If the coach gets fired he can get out of the LOI.

Happens all the time.

If the coach gets fired he can get out of the LOI.

Happens all the time.

I would love to get waite off their roster, but UK was looking at him before he signed. If UK gets Patterson, Wall, and Cousins off their roster I wouldnt be suprised. And of course Arizona is a recruiting juggernaut.

Mardracus Wade is another player that might be worth a look for OU.

I'm not completely up to date on the OU roster, but based on the little I've seen/read, it sounds like there's a potential need for guard depth. Wade and Scott are both pretty good combo types with shutdown defensive potential.

I'm not completely up to date on the OU roster, but based on the little I've seen/read, it sounds like there's a potential need for guard depth. Wade and Scott are both pretty good combo types with shutdown defensive potential.

I think we will have more guard depth than front court depth. I certainly don't think of guard depth as a need at least.

EDIT: Capel does seem to like combo guards though. Broadly, he seems to like guys who can play multiple positions.

I think we will have more guard depth than front court depth. I certainly don't think of guard depth as a need at least.

EDIT: Capel does seem to like combo guards though. Broadly, he seems to like guys who can play multiple positions.

I don't know about that? We've never really had a combo guard in Capel's tenure. AJ was a true PG. Just an uncoventional one. He was backed up by Willie who is a combo guard, but ww has been a backup not by choice, but by need. We have struck out on alot of true PGs.

Eh, we'll see. OU is in the top two for a top 100 SG from Louisiana in Shavon Coleman. I suspect if they don't get Lamb, they'll get him.

Last edited:
I dont think Scott will come to Ou,he would go to Baylor, if coach get fired.

Back