Rivaldo Soares ‘23 Highlights

Probably not for CJ, he didn't play enough. But Bijan and Jacob? You could easily find 6 minutes of highlights.

I guess I would ask where are these videos then? I couldn’t find a portal highlights for Cortes. Groves has a 3 minute video and CJ’s is 1:50.

I guess I would ask where are these videos then? I couldn’t find a portal highlights for Cortes. Groves has a 3 minute video and CJ’s is 1:50.

I'm surprised CJ could put together a 1:50 highlight video this year. He was not good.

Jacob basically averaged the same amount as Soares, and did so in a lot fewer minutes. Just show every make while omitting the misses, and boom, he looks like a knockdown shooter. Someone watching just the highlights wouldn't know that he had a 6+ week stretch where he couldn't buy a bucket.

I'm surprised CJ could put together a 1:50 highlight video this year. He was not good.

He made a nice transition layup in Lawrence. Show that on a loop, in slow motion, and boom, some would try to sell him as a "slasher with good strength for a guard."

Why would anyone need a 6 minute video? Cortes probably didn't even make one because he knew where he was going. I stipulated that CJ would not have enough material but it's telling that even he came up with 1:50 of footage for barely playing.

I'm just telling you that if someone plays in 30 games you can find enough footage to put one together if you wanted to.

It's so weird how people think highlight videos tell you how guys are going to play. I bet Bam's highlight video was spectacular the year before he came here.

Jacob basically averaged the same amount as Soares, and did so in a lot fewer minutes. Just show every make while omitting the misses, and boom, he looks like a knockdown shooter. Someone watching just the highlights wouldn't know that he had a 6+ week stretch where he couldn't buy a bucket.

Exactly! Why do people think it's difficult to come up with "highlights?"

Why would anyone need a 6 minute video? Cortes probably didn't even make one because he knew where he was going. I stipulated that CJ would not have enough material but it's telling that even he came up with 1:50 of footage for barely playing.

I'm just telling you that if someone plays in 30 games you can find enough footage to put one together if you wanted to.

It's so weird how people think highlight videos tell you how guys are going to play. I bet Bam's highlight video was spectacular the year before he came here.

Absolutely. I remember one windmill dunk in particular. That's what had so many of us (raising my hand here) salivating over how much he would improve our athleticism.

Again, where are those videos? They don’t exist. Those players dropped down a level because they aren’t p5. The end.

Again, where are those videos? They don’t exist. Those players dropped down a level because they aren’t p5. The end.

Just because they aren’t on YouTube doesn’t mean they don’t exist

Lol you really don’t get it?

Every one of those players had a crummy highlight reel and they went down a level. There is a correlation there imo. Bring some facts to the table if you disagree.

Fact 1: JG, Bijan, CJ went from the premier conference in the country to non p5 conferences.

Fact 2: Soares went from a solid p5 conference to the best p5 conference.

Fact 3: Soares highlight reel is longer and contains more high level play than the other 3.

Last edited:
Every one of those players had a crummy highlight reel and they went down a level. There is a correlation there imo. Bring some facts to the table if you disagree.

Fact 1: JG, Bijan, CJ went from the premier conference in the country to non p5 conferences.

Fact 2: Soares went from a solid p5 conference to the best p5 conference.

Fact 3: Soares highlight reel is longer and contains more high level play than the other 3.

This is unintentionally hilarious

Ture, but very seldom, if ever, did all six play in the same game. CJ didn't play the final several games, and Bam was only in the rotation for a few games. And Cortes missed some games and didn't play much in others. Oweh didn't join the rotation till late January.

I think the ideal college rotation is 8-9 guys total. How that is divided between frontcourt and backcourt should depend on what kind of roster you have and what system you play.

Completely agree, Wichita. That's why I said over the course of a season we could play that many. We could need them for injuries, suspension, and depth in practice. I agree that if we're playing 6 guards per game, that's probably not a good sign.

Maybe in the 1980s vhs days. That’s not how it’s done today.

Yes it’s simply not possible for someone to make a highlight video and not post it on YouTube. They couldn’t possibly just email it around to coaches. Absolutely impossible, you’re right. But does it even matter? You’re saying that since you can’t find highlight videos of Cortes or JG then it’s basically not possible to make one. Such a weird hill to die on. If someone plays in 30 games you only need an average of 12 seconds a game to come up with 6 minutes. You really think that’s not possible? Hilarious

Hugley laughs in your general direction.

I think he's probably the starter. But forgive me for not saying he'll definitely be a starter when:
a) stole a car freshman year and was suspended for the season
b) missed almost all of last season with a knee injury and mental health

I'd love for OU to get Collins or another athletic big that can play alongside him, push him, or beat him out.

Back