Ryan Humphrey to OU (as asst)

StoopsBros

Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TWSportsExtra/status/1542689214726381570[/TWEET]

On Thursday, the South Bend (Indiana) Tribune reported that Humphrey would be leaving Notre Dame. The Tulsa World has learned that Humphrey’s next home will be his former home: Norman, Oklahoma, where he’ll be a member of Porter Moser’s Sooner staff.

There has been no confirmation or announcement from the University of Oklahoma or Humphrey, but it is expected that he soon will be reunited with the OU program. The 42-year-old Humphrey returns as a family man. He and RaSheda, his wife of 14 years, have two sons: Ryan and Rylan.

Yes, this is who CoachTalk was referring to.

Is this a good thing? I thought he left OU kind of on bad terms...

7gVmeXW.png

Seeing Humphrey with a gray beard makes me feel really old.

This should be huge for recruiting. It'll change the (bigs) recruiting board. Will help with a kid like Brandon Garrison IMO. New names may get offered like:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/RealXman23/status/1540486812581482499?s=20&t=WgcaUGdDivHhLEixdhte5A[/TWEET]

I'm probably too excited for this hire. Played against him in high school. He was so good as a player (football as well).

This should be huge for recruiting. It'll change the (bigs) recruiting board. Will help with a kid like Brandon Garrison IMO. New names may get offered like:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/RealXman23/status/1540486812581482499?s=20&t=WgcaUGdDivHhLEixdhte5A[/TWEET]

I'm probably too excited for this hire. Played against him in high school. He was so good as a player (football as well).

Awesome news! Great hire here!

I LOVE this hire! I had mentioned Jeff Webster as an option, but didn’t think we could get him. Ryan should help our bigs tremendously! I would think he’s a good recruiter too…and should help us land some bigs.

I can remember when Hump committed to OU! I was about in tears (of joy)! He was a DOMINANT player in HS, but simply got caught in the trap of think he was playing out of position…but he was who he was, an athletic freak of a PF, who was a great shot blocker and scorer in college…but was a little undersized for the NBA.

Humphrey was the constant that year, though, and held the Irish’s recruiting efforts together during the transition. He was known as a strong recruiter and helped the Irish land five-star guard J.J. Starling in the 2022 class. He also carried a positive reputation in the program for his player development skills

From the Notre Dame board.

Not a fan of this hire. Not what we needed, IMO.

Not a fan of this hire. Not what we needed, IMO.

Oklahoma guy. Regionals ties. I think it’s exactly what we needed but tell us more why you think not.

A few more Texas toes is my only drawback.

any idea how old his sons are?

i think this is a home run hire

Care to expand on what exactly we needed here?

Guessing it’s because his last name is not Sampson.

Humphrey is a great hire for us. Good recruiter and developer at a strong D1 program. He has regional recruiting ties that Moser and rest of the staff dont have yet. This is a huge upgrade over the texas assistant we lost, as well.

Guessing it’s because his last name is not Sampson.

Humphrey is a great hire for us. Good recruiter and developer at a strong D1 program. He has regional recruiting ties that Moser and rest of the staff dont have yet. This is a huge upgrade over the texas assistant we lost, as well.

Exactly. He would be doing cartwheels if we hired Kelvin's second cousin once removed.

Back