Ryan Humphrey to OU (as asst)

Exactly. He would be doing cartwheels if we hired Kelvin's second cousin once removed.

Yep! You know him well.

This is a great hire! And, by the way, Skyvue is absolutely right in that Ryan admitted he made a mistake by leaving OU.

Meh, he transferred. Different era. It's pretty apparent that fences were mended. A happy homecoming, in a way.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1542968397566095360?s=20&t=sKUUrV3wQvT2C7vafcM_pw[/TWEET]

Yawn! Hasn’t recruited anywhere near the state. Has Notre Dame landed any high profile recruits in the last several years?

Follow Coach:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1542987801343533056[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Yawn! Hasn’t recruited anywhere near the state. Has Notre Dame landed any high profile recruits in the last several years?

You're yawning without knowing the answer to that question?

It's mentioned above in this thread that he helped land five-star guard J.J. Starling in the Irish' 2022 class.

Skyvue is absolutely right in that Ryan admitted he made a mistake by leaving OU.

If Sooner fans can forgive Charles Thompson, I think allowing RH back into the fold is a no-brainer.

I am still a little bitter about it, OU basketball was just about to go nova, with Eduardo and Humphrey on the court together with Nolan Johnson, Raymon and a young Hollis Price. It has been a long time so I can get over it. I don't care much for Charles Thompson.

You're yawning without knowing the answer to that question?

It's mentioned above in this thread that he helped land five-star guard J.J. Starling in the Irish' 2022 class.

How is he going to convince some stud to come to the same school he left? Hmmmmmmmm??????

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TheGreat_Nate/status/1542992723527041025[/TWEET]

How is he going to convince some stud to come to the same school he left? Hmmmmmmmm??????

He tells them leaving OU was a mistake, one he always regretted, and he came back as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

I was very mad at him when he left for ND and I held that grudge for a long time. But I was mad at Drew Lavendar, too, and that player whose name I'm spacing on from Del City (or was it Midwest City?) who left for a Carolina school (not UNC). But at some point, one moves on. He's on our staff now, so I'm hoping for the best and if he doesn't work out, it won't be his departure years ago that I'll hold against him, but his failure to perform up to snuff during this stint in Norman. My fingers are crossed that he'll do great things this time around.

0.01% of recruits know what happened. 0.0001% would see it as an issue

He tells them leaving OU was a mistake, one he always regretted, and he came back as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

I was very mad at him when he left for ND and I held that grudge for a long time. But I was mad at Drew Lavendar, too, and that player whose name I'm spacing on from Del City (or was it Midwest City?) who left for a Carolina school (not UNC). But at some point, one moves on. He's on our staff now, so I'm hoping for the best and if he doesn't work out, it won't be his departure years ago that I'll hold against him, but his failure to perform up to snuff during this stint in Norman. My fingers are crossed that he'll do great things this time around.

Deangelo Alexander, Lawrence McKenzie, Spaulding to name a few others.

Thanks, it was Alexander I was thinking of.

Ryan transferring to ND hurt us in the short-term, but that was all. Kelvin was building something special…with or without him. His eligibility would have been exhausted (had he stayed) the year OU made it to the Final Four in 2002, but he was a senior at ND.

We essentially replaced him with Jameel Heywood, so it wasn’t a fair trade. Had he stayed, OU could have gone on a nice run in the Dance, but we’ll never know. Regardless, it’s time to embrace him as an assistant coach. Let’s hope he can contribute to getting OU back to where it was when he was in college.

Yeah, that was all Kelvin. DeAngelo had some issues at OU, and Kelvin sent him to play for his good friend, Bobby Lutz at UNCC. I did not know at the time they were good friends…but I live down here now.

If you recall, his nephew was a recent 4* recruit who ou recruited for a while.

I’m really excited for this staff, especially with all of the young guys on the team. This staff appears to be very good in development.

I’ve looked all over the internet about these comments about his regret leaving OU and can’t find anything anywhere.

Back