Ryan Humphrey to OU (as asst)

i'm going to trust the head coach on this one, but i was kinda down on Ryan leaving.

my recall he wanted to play a diff position.....and watching ND with him inna day.....he was still slow getting back on D.

but, i trust the coach and let's go get em Ryan.

show me something brother.

Last edited:
Yawn! Hasn’t recruited anywhere near the state. Has Notre Dame landed any high profile recruits in the last several years?

You follow crooting much??

Take 30 mins and read some on Ryan before coming here to complain.

Ryan wanted to be used more on offense. You couldn’t blame him Kelvin basically just had him crashing the boards after setting a pick. It was later proven he just wasn’t going to be a big time scorer. He was a ferocious rebounder and excellent defender. I never heard anyone say anything negative about him as a person.
Oh and that he wasn’t the second coming of Wayman. Of course nobody has found another Wayman!

He should be an excellent addition to the staff.

You follow crooting much??

Take 30 mins and read some on Ryan before coming here to complain.

Lmao! You are always the first to drink the cool aide. Notre Dame hasn’t been relevant or had relevant players in years. Take off the crimson glasses for just one day!

on the by and by, i think was mos def offensive goal tending when Ryan beat U of A....

loved the result, however.

still, as i recall, the most interesting thing about that game was Alex Spaulding holding Jason Terry, first round pick in the NBA, to 11 points or something.

edit: 15 points

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1999-03-12-arizona.html

Eric Martin really underrated Sooner. good player for us.

Last edited:
Lmao! You are always the first to drink the cool aide. Notre Dame hasn’t been relevant or had relevant players in years. Take off the crimson glasses for just one day!

Getting guys and developing! Ou will get better guys than ND. Dildy can get them… Ryan can develop!

Do a quick search. Ryan is well respected

The number of grown adults in this place still holding a grudge for a rash decision made by a 20 year old basketball player 22 years ago is alarming. What is even going on?

EStablished coach with great reputation and clear track record developing big men and an impressive run as a player. Oklahoma ties.

Not sure what you all are expecting here? He’ll address it once basketball season approaches.

The number of grown adults in this place still holding a grudge for a rash decision made by a 20 year old basketball player 22 years ago is alarming. What is even going on?

EStablished coach with great reputation and clear track record developing big men and an impressive run as a player. Oklahoma ties.

Not sure what you all are expecting here? He’ll address it once basketball season approaches.

Perfectly said.

I think that game is up on youtube.

Someone said he was lazy on defense. If I remember right I think he had anemia that wore him down a bit. It was a type of thing where conditioning was going to make him better but I think it's part of why he never made it in the NBA.

I don't think he was ever going to make it in the NBA regardless. In a nutshell, he was a 6'7" POWER forward. He transferred to ND because new head coach Brad Daugherty said he could play small forward and work on his outside game. By the time Hump was eligible, Brey was the head coach and primarily kept him at PF, but did allow him to work on his outside game. It somewhat paid off because he was a 1st round pick and got his guaranteed money...but he was never going to be much of an NBA player whether he stayed at OU or not.

I always appreciated what Kelvin Sampson accomplished, but it's not like Hump was the only good player to transfer out of there. He wasn't even the only Burger Boy to transfer. Kelvin wasn't for everybody, and my best guess is Hump's dad did not like that his son would have continued to play second-fiddle to Eduardo. Regardless of the reasons, it's really time to move on and embrace his return. Now, it's all about who he helps bring in to the program and his development of players.

Any of you holding a grudge against an unhappy kid from years ago, need to probably get some therapy.

Who knows what will happen, but i'm extremely excited. If he's a great recruiter along with having some big man development ability, that's getting two things in one. I can't remember the last OU coach, head or assistant, that was known for big man development.

The main thing is does he want to be here? The dude Moser hired from Texas and SMU seemed like he always had a foot out the door, and fairly right off the bat. Hump's an Oklahoman, which is a good first step. If he does want to be here, and he's a grinder like apparently Moser likes, then on the surface it looks like a fantastic hire to me. But, time will tell I guess..

I can't remember the last OU coach, head or assistant, that was known for big man development.

Here is what is most frustrating by that quoted statement. Take a guess who has the reputation of being among the best "big man" assistant coaches in the NBA over the past 30 years? Answer: former Sooner Clifford Ray.

the number of grown adults in this place still holding a grudge for a rash decision made by a 20 year old basketball player 22 years ago is alarming. What is even going on?

Established coach with great reputation and clear track record developing big men and an impressive run as a player. Oklahoma ties.

x 2.

Here is what is most frustrating by that quoted statement. Take a guess who has the reputation of being among the best "big man" assistant coaches in the NBA over the past 30 years? Answer: former Sooner Clifford Ray.

Cliff is over seventy, wish Capel had hired him.

Who knows what will happen, but i'm extremely excited. If he's a great recruiter along with having some big man development ability, that's getting two things in one. I can't remember the last OU coach, head or assistant, that was known for big man development.

The main thing is does he want to be here? The dude Moser hired from Texas and SMU seemed like he always had a foot out the door, and fairly right off the bat. Hump's an Oklahoman, which is a good first step. If he does want to be here, and he's a grinder like apparently Moser likes, then on the surface it looks like a fantastic hire to me. But, time will tell I guess..

Yep, Hump likely here for a bit longer than the horn/smu guy was. Was extremely unimpressed with his results the past year and glad he’s gone.

Lew Hill was good a big man developer (RIP). Hump definitely the best since then.

Would you say Humphrey was a better all around player than Manek?
Or were they pretty equal?

Back