++++++OU-OSU Gameday Thread++++++

The key for our success is not made or missed shots. Its defense and rebounding. When we out rebound our opponents we pretty much win every time this year

that Newberry kid deserves a hand. He busted his behind out there.

The key for our success is not made or missed shots. Its defense and rebounding. When we out rebound our opponents we pretty much win every time this year

No doubt about it!

Finesse is for pussies!

You nailed it. As much hand-wringing that is done regarding our offense (and I'm guilty of it), it will be the defense and rebounding that allows OU to advance (or not advance) in March.

And if we can get 16 bench points (like tonight) game in and game out, we are going to be in really good shape.

And if we can get 16 bench points (like tonight) game in and game out, we are going to be in really good shape.

This. Of course hope we don't have many more nights from JWood and Kadheem. Didn't include cousins because he really shared the ball well tonight and helped spark some runs.

I was a lot more relaxed after about five minutes into the second half.

This year has been great

I have been a long time OU fan. I fell in love with the Sooners in the late 80s. I would sneak down to my the living room and watch the games on Big Monday. I was only about 8 years old. Loved the uptempo style of Billy Tubbs. Growing up in Pennsylvania, my buddies didn't know who the hell Stacey King, Mookie Blaylock, Skeeter Henry, or Harvey Grant were.

Now fast forward 25-30 years, my wife, 3 year old twins, and my best buddy watch every game. Watching the 3 seniors improve each year as well as Jordan is amazing. It's awesome watching Buddy play. My son already wants his NBA jersey and tickets to his games. I told him that we have to wait for the draft to find out where he goes. Lol.

I'm hoping for a long run in the Tourney just like everyone else, and watching Spangs tonight was so encouraging. What a game. Getting closer to 1000 points. I wonder how many teams have 4 1000 point scorers.

This team has giving me and my family a lot of great memories this year. Lon is a great coach and seems like his coaching staff is great as well. I really enjoy the message board. I read it during the TV timeouts.

Go OU from Emmaus, Pennsylvania.

I must admit I was wrong. I thought we had peaked in January, but with Lattin and Spangler coming to life the last two games, we now have what it takes to make a run at this thing

When my daughter was in high school they had a below average basketball team - short and slow. They had an even worse coach. I thought I had been transported back in time 20 years tonight. The offense he ran was called L-Delay and if he could have held the ball for one shot the entire quarter, he would have. I think Travis Ford would have done the same. The kids HATED playing this offense. By the looks of the OSU players as they left the court in the first half, they don't like it much either. I understand why he did it, but to me, it was nothing more than an admission of defeat from the tipoff.

I think I yelled at the officials more than at any game this year.

Congrats to Ryan Spangler on his great game tonight!

Re: This year has been great

I have been a long time OU fan. I fell in love with the Sooners in the late 80s. I would sneak down to my the living room and watch the games on Big Monday. I was only about 8 years old. Loved the uptempo style of Billy Tubbs. Growing up in Pennsylvania, my buddies didn't know who the hell Stacey King, Mookie Blaylock, Skeeter Henry, or Harvey Grant were.

Now fast forward 25-30 years, my wife, 3 year old twins, and my best buddy watch every game. Watching the 3 seniors improve each year as well as Jordan is amazing. It's awesome watching Buddy play. My son already wants his NBA jersey and tickets to his games. I told him that we have to wait for the draft to find out where he goes. Lol.

I'm hoping for a long run in the Tourney just like everyone else, and watching Spangs tonight was so encouraging. What a game. Getting closer to 1000 points. I wonder how many teams have 4 1000 point scorers.

This team has giving me and my family a lot of great memories this year. Lon is a great coach and seems like his coaching staff is great as well. I really enjoy the message board. I read it during the TV timeouts.

Go OU from Emmaus, Pennsylvania.

Welcome to the board, BoomerSooner20! Enjoyed the brief recap on your journey as a Sooner fan. Please feel free to stop by again and get involved in our discussions.

Everyone is going to go hard after Buddy. When they do that Spangler and the other guys have to elevate their offense. Spangler has been open in most games but has turned down shots. Or takes shots out of rhythm as almost an afterthough. Tonight he was like the Spangler we know and love.

Second half was excellent defensively. If we had more quality depth we could use that much pressure against all teams.

I notice that no one is accusing Kruger of being a bad bench coach tonight.

Like you, I knew they would come back as well. But I will still p!ssed about the way that they came out so lax....can't do that in March.

You know, as a competitor it's hard not to come out like that when you know you are playing a really bad team. They thought OSU would lay down but to OSU's credit they did not and controlled most of the first half. Had Spangler not been uncharacteristically hot from 3, we probably still win it's a much closer game. it seemed like LK got after them at halftime so it was a good learning lesson and in the end we still won going away.

When my daughter was in high school they had a below average basketball team - short and slow. They had an even worse coach. I thought I had been transported back in time 20 years tonight. The offense he ran was called L-Delay and if he could have held the ball for one shot the entire quarter, he would have. I think Travis Ford would have done the same. The kids HATED playing this offense. By the looks of the OSU players as they left the court in the first half, they don't like it much either. I understand why he did it, but to me, it was nothing more than an admission of defeat from the tipoff.

I think I yelled at the officials more than at any game this year.

Congrats to Ryan Spangler on his great game tonight!

Yeah, my first thoughts were "stalling" like poor high school teams did way back in the day! Just imagine what it would have been like if HCTF didn't have a shot clock!

Back