Scheduling note

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
While not complete yet (2 teams to be added), the Great Alaska Shootout field will include:

1. Oklahoma
2. Washington St
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. NW Louisana
6. AA Seawolves (the home team)

OU will also take on UTEP in this year's All College Classic.

TP scares me. If we don't show up ready to play, the Cougs will run us out of the gym. :)

I hope Ray puts on some weight so he doesn't freeze to death.

While not complete yet (2 teams to be added), the Great Alaska Shootout field will include:

1. Oklahoma
2. Washington St
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. NW Louisana

I hope the OU-UTEP game isn't the marquee matchup of the night.

It is the premier game (aka the late start). Who do the ags play?

They haven't announced it yet. That's why I was hoping it wasn't the marquee game! :)

But it sounds like it won't be too impressive. Hopefully it is at least a Mountain West/WAC sort of team and not a SWAC level opponent.

1. Oklahoma
2. Washington St
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. NW Louisana

Uh oh, an early juco squad matchup (Houston) vs. OU would be very interesting.

UTEP will be an interesting matchup. Similar to the VCU game from last year. They return several starters from last year's 23-14 team, and they will also have Derek Caracter eligible. He is a transfer from Louisville who is a beast inside. Their coach is Tony Barbee, who played for Calipari at UMass and was his top recruiter at Memphis. Looking at their roster for next year, it looks like he's brought in five kids from the Memphis area, two of which started last year.

Thanks for the info, BT.

Any word on the TV Coverage for the Shootout? IIRC, ESPN stopped broadcasting the tournament last year after the contract ran out.

Any word on the TV Coverage for the Shootout? IIRC, ESPN stopped broadcasting the tournament last year after the contract ran out.

I thought they showed the championship game. Surely they will at least do that this year with a couple of major conference teams in the field.

That's gonna be torture if these games aren't on TV and we have to listen to Bob Barry Sr. do his thang.

Why can't the All College get a better opponent for OU?

Probably because the format has essentially turned it into a single road game contract for the out of state teams. Why should the big names do that? Generally the big names require home and home contracts. This is true even with the "nuetral" venue games, like OU v. Uconn (4 game deal, two "nuetral" venues - OU was 3-1 in that series) or OU v. Michigan Stat (OKC and Auburn Hills, OU won both games).

Probably because the format has essentially turned it into a single road game contract for the out of state teams. Why should the big names do that? Generally the big names require home and home contracts. This is true even with the "nuetral" venue games, like OU v. Uconn (4 game deal, two "nuetral" venues - OU was 3-1 in that series) or OU v. Michigan Stat (OKC and Auburn Hills, OU won both games).
I agree, the format sucks.

I am pretty disappointed with the All-College game. I realize that UTEP will probably be a good team, and has a decent chance at the dance, but this game should be one that gets OU fans in OKC excited and out to the Ford center to check out the Sooners.

Who cares if we have to play a road game the next year! Play a "name" team and let's pack out the Ford Center....

I am pretty disappointed with the All-College game. I realize that UTEP will probably be a good team, and has a decent chance at the dance, but this game should be one that gets OU fans in OKC excited and out to the Ford center to check out the Sooners.

Im not disappointed at all with the All-College game, I think it will be a great game and UTEP will give OU all they want and might win.

1. Oklahoma
2. Washington St
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. NW Louisana

Just not thrilled about this trip at all. As ABD said, just take a JUCO all-star team from Texas and you have Houston. Sure hope they can grab two legitimate teams to fill out the bracket...

Does anyone know if the NCAA still has the rule concerning a limit on the number of preseason tournaments you can attend in consecutive years?

Back