seth curry transfering

I think it is a bit early to say whether Cade Davis will or will not average 10 a game (or more). Obviously he has not done it yet; however, he only averages 15 minutes a game and it is not his job to look to create shots. He is supposed to take open shots. If his role changes, he gets 30+ minutes a game and he continues to improve I think it is possible he could average double figures. Cade has had several double figure games in his career.

I don't understand why some are suggesting that Tony Crocker should not start over Cade Davis. I think Cade Davis is a good player and I can only assume he is a very good guy, but I just have not see anything to suggest Tony Crocker does not deserve his minutes. Tony has shot about .380 over a three year period from 3. Clearly Tony is a slump right now but he is still contributing in other ways.

Here's the similarity between Crock and Davis. Neither one of them can hit a shot.

Here's the difference. Crocker is out best defender. Davis doesn't really play good defense.

That's why Crock starts ahead of Davis.

Here are the other differences.
Crocker averages twice the minutes, but less than twice the points.
They have the same shooting percentage, but Davis shoots better from beyond the arc. He averages more points per shot attempt.
Crocker turns the ball over 3 times as often per minute.
And this is all with Crocker having a year extra in the program.

It's not as cut and dry as a lot of people seem to think...

i wouldnt be so sure. i dont htink the curry's are happy that greenburg or whatever his name is snubbed steph and seth. i dont see them going there after he already said no to both of them even tho steph tried really hard to get a scholly there. i also no that capel almost got steph and vcu and he and the curry's have a good relationship. i think if capel works really hard to get seth he could

SETH won't play for SETH? Could get confusing.

Here are the other differences.
Crocker averages twice the minutes, but less than twice the points.
They have the same shooting percentage, but Davis shoots better from beyond the arc. He averages more points per shot attempt.
Crocker turns the ball over 3 times as often per minute.
And this is all with Crocker having a year extra in the program.

It's not as cut and dry as a lot of people seem to think...

It is, or Capel would have given Cade more minutes, or a starting spot.

Stats don't tell the entire story, especially when comparing a starter to a sub. Cade didn't play much at all against some of our tougher opponents. Defense. Ball handling. Etc.

Stats don't tell the entire story, especially when comparing a starter to a sub. Cade didn't play much at all against some of our tougher opponents. Defense. Ball handling. Etc.

Exactly. Do you guys really think Coach Capel and his staff cant see the stats and don't review them? I think you have to respect the fact that the coaches actually know more about basketball, team chemistry, leadership, roles, etc. than fans.

I have no beef with Cade Davis but Tony Crocker is a three year starter, I just don't get why fans are on the guy just because he is in a shooting slump.

I am a huge Cade Davis fan. He is one of the most hardest working in practice, never complains, and is the definition of a team player not to mention one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. That said it will be really difficult for Cade to become a double digit scorer.

I agree with its a little unfair to judge him on his first 2 years because he hasn't really been asked to do that much and his minutes are few but the guy has talent. He was 2nd behind Blake in the state, he can make shots, he is also pretty decent at dribble penetration, he has hops, and his defense improves every game. I don't see any reason why he will not improve tremendously over the next 2 years especially with Capel as his coach.

With that said right now I see him maybe getting close to averaging 10 ppg his senior year. I agree with what if he was at a mid major school averaging tons of minutes he could be that type of scorer but at OU there is just going to be way to much talent. I'm not saying he cant and wont, because with the way he practices he is going to get better and better, I just think the influx of talent Capel will bring in might not be in his favor.

Assuming people are making the right decisions simply because they are in a position of authority is what political scientists call fascism. It is hard not to notice in the huddles when Cade seems to constantly gets chewed out for minor errors while Crock gets seemingly a free pass for his mistakes. I really don't have a dog in the fight I just want to see some guys in red hit some open three pointers.

edit: i made this post after me drinks a bit soo...

Last edited:
Assuming people are making the right decisions simply because they are in a position of authority is what political scientists call fascism. It is hard not to notice in the huddles when Cade seems to constantly gets chewed out for minor errors while Crock gets seemingly a free pass for his mistakes. I really don't have a dog in the fight I just want to see some guys in red hit some open three pointers.

edit: i made this post after me drinks a bit soo...

Please. Cade has had every opportunity to earn more playing time. I have watched practice last year and it was apparent that Capel and Company thought extremely highly of Cade. He shot it well in practice and the coaches were all over him congratulating him and encouraging him.
But it hasn't transferred to actual games yet. Against the better teams he hasn't played a whole lot and there are reasons why. He hasn't shot it well at all from the 3, which is what he needs to be doing. He is average on defense and he has problems going to the hole.
Yes, Crocker hasn't shot it well either but Crocker has shown in the past he can and he is much better defensively.

Hey, we all want Cade to succeed. I was one of his biggest pushers of pub on ouinsider last year after watching practice and seeing him play. But he is going to have to step up and get better or a lot more consistent. I don't ever see him averaging 14 a game. He just isn't that type of player IMO. He could have some nice games and I hope he does.

Regardless OU needs Crock, Davis somebody to knock down some shots if OU wants to advance in the tournament this year. Whether it is Crock or Davis I don't care and will love it if either does.

I'm with you on hoping Davis gets better and better and does those things.

Last edited:
This thread was started back when there were hopes and dreams for Sooner basketball. Its been a long two years.

This place never ceases to amaze. What a circus. :ez-laugh:

What ever happened to Soonerfan TU? Milwaukee Bucks boards?

Cade has proved the doubters wrong, to be sure.

What ever happened to Soonerfan TU? Milwaukee Bucks boards?

Cade has proved the doubters wrong, to be sure.
He's had a great year, no doubt, our only consistent player really

I think TU was banned a while back. Don't know if he's got a new username or not.

In the end, the Cade Davis doubters were right. He's averaging 13.8 points a game, not 14... :ez-laugh:

In the end, the Cade Davis doubters were right. He's averaging 13.8 points a game, not 14... :ez-laugh:

While true that Cade is averaging better than some thought, I have to wonder if it's because his team is god awful. On a Big 12 contender he averages about 6-9 pts a game which would be in line with what a lot predicted.

Props to Cade, he has really turned it on down the stretch (even though it has been during losses). Kid has really improved and needs to be recognized.

With that said, comparing this team and statistics to what OU's squad should have looked like is comical.

Back