So what happens in this scenario?

elmocarp

Reaction score
I might need to take a valium or something, but it seems to me that there is a real possibility (not saying a likelihood, but its realistic enough to consider) that OU could finish with a class of Taylor, Clark, Lamb, Jones and Smith. That would be spectacular and would fill my heart with a joy akin to Christian salvation, but I wonder what that would translate to be on the court?

Assuming Tiny stays, I would guess that in that scenario either Cameron Clark or Josh Smith wouldn't start. I know that sounds ludicrous, but think about it...

pg TMG
sg Lamb
sf Clark or Jones
pf Jones or Gallon
c Smith or Gallon

You'd have to think that Tiny and TMG start regardless...Lamb would almost certainly take the 2...then it would come down to where Jones plays. If he plays the 3, Clark would be the odd man out. If he plays the 4, then it would be Josh Smith on the bench. I know there is a long way from this happening, but its amazing to me that there is a reasonable chance that OU could find themselves in this position. Can you imagine?

I think Smith is a longshot, but I really like our chances of getting Lamb and Jones to go with Taylor, Clark and either a juco big like Goff or big Barry getting a scholarship.

But what happens in the scenario that we add Jones and Lamb to our current class to go with Tiny, TMG, Pledger etc? I'll tell you what the scenario is.........

Champyunship!

I might need to take a valium or something, but it seems to me that there is a real possibility (not saying a likelihood, but its realistic enough to consider) that OU could finish with a class of Taylor, Clark, Lamb, Jones and Smith. That would be spectacular and would fill my heart with a joy akin to Christian salvation, but I wonder what that would translate to be on the court?

Assuming Tiny stays, I would guess that in that scenario either Cameron Clark or Josh Smith wouldn't start. I know that sounds ludicrous, but think about it...

pg TMG
sg Lamb
sf Clark or Jones
pf Jones or Gallon
c Smith or Gallon

You'd have to think that Tiny and TMG start regardless...Lamb would almost certainly take the 2...then it would come down to where Jones plays. If he plays the 3, Clark would be the odd man out. If he plays the 4, then it would be Josh Smith on the bench. I know there is a long way from this happening, but its amazing to me that there is a reasonable chance that OU could find themselves in this position. Can you imagine?

I would rather see this lineup:
1) tmg
2) lamb
3) clark
4) jones
5) gallon

seems that would fit more to capels style...but either way you cant go wrong!!

I think Smith is a longshot, but I really like our chances of getting Lamb and Jones to go with Taylor, Clark and either a juco big like Goff or big Barry getting a scholarship.

But what happens in the scenario that we add Jones and Lamb to our current class to go with Tiny, TMG, Pledger etc? I'll tell you what the scenario is.........

Champyunship!

I agree with you 23 on both parts!

I wouldn't discount Willis just yet. Experience counts with coaches and he isn't exactly chopped liver. The ability to play effective defense could determine who played in your senario.

I would rather see this lineup:
1) tmg
2) lamb
3) clark
4) jones
5) gallon

seems that would fit more to capels style...but either way you cant go wrong!!
This would be a dream lineup, the team would be really young but talent wise they wouldn't have many equals.

I think you would bring Smith off the bench when tiny needs a rest....I think fitz is going to be big for us this year because tiny prob is not going to be able to go long stretches at first...so fitz will have to step up imo

Back