Sooner Cager is this weekend

Sam

Reaction score
Little disappointed in the field this year as they moved the date up and are competing directly with the Jayhawk Invitational for teams so the field is down this year.
Only Notable teams on a first glance are Athlete's First, Dallas Mustangs (assuming the B team since I saw a squad of their's listed in Lawrence), Oklahoma Impact (read that they had a 6'9 kid from Bixby named Sean Young) and the Full Court Athletes (usually have some good DFW area talent, Rickey Scott was on on their squads last team). In the freshman field there are some good young players for the Oklahoma Hawks and Team Texas' 2013 has to have some good young talent on it.

Anyway here is a link to the schedule for the the High School teams

2013 teams

Another sad aspect of this years tournament is due to new NCAA rules it is no longer in Norman. Bulk of the games are now at Southern Nazarene or in the South Edmond area.
Gym Listings

Notably Athletes' First players per their website (Heard a rumor that Juan Parker wasn't with them anymore but not sure on that).
Code:
Stevie Clark	        10	PG    5' 8"	2013	Douglas
Nino	Jackson	23	G	6' 2"	2012	Ardmore
Josh	Richardson	25	G/F	6' 5"	2012	Edmond Santa Fe
Juan	Parker	30	G	6' 4"	2013	Booker T. Washington

Also does anyone know anything about how Dom Raney (2011 Guard) might be playing with now that he left Athlete's first?

I got a text from a kid that plays for me in the summer and he said that Dom Raney's parents told his that he is playing with the Dallas Mustangs.

In the freshman field there are some good young players for the Oklahoma Hawks and Team Texas' 2013 has to have some good young talent on it.

Team Texas 2013 has a couple of special players. 6'4" SF/SG Nathan Hawkins is one of the best players in the class, and 5'9" PG Ridge Shipley is one of the best PG's in the state. In addition, there are a few other intriguing players on their roster in 6'6" C Sawyer Kipp, 6'5" PF Jacoby Armstrong, and 5'10" SG/PG Tim Okposin.

I got a text from a kid that plays for me in the summer and he said that Dom Raney's parents told his that he is playing with the Dallas Mustangs.

I heard that fell through. Maybe it's changed though.

If Raney is with the Mustangs he is not with their "A" team, or he joined them after the Real Deal at the Rock. As I did not see him with the Mustangs in the two games I watched.

Team Texas 2013 has a couple of special players. 6'4" SF/SG Nathan Hawkins is one of the best players in the class, and 5'9" PG Ridge Shipley is one of the best PG's in the state. In addition, there are a few other intriguing players on their roster in 6'6" C Sawyer Kipp, 6'5" PF Jacoby Armstrong, and 5'10" SG/PG Tim Okposin.
Thanks for the heads up Daze, I was hoping somebody would fill in the blanks on Team Texas 2013 team as I knew they had to have some promising young kids.

Sean Young the 6'9 kid from Bixby will be a junior next year.

He has a long ways to go before he is recruited.
Bixby's best player is a 6'5 player named Parker. He is a tweener though.Good athlete and plays hard.

Brett, I am basing the Young talk on a report I saw on scout this past weekend that mentioned. It said he had good height and ran the floor well, I hadn't heard much about the kid before that but since it was a scout writer talking about him and I saw his team was on the team list I figured he was worth a mention.

Interesting add to the schedule on Friday night, Oklahoma Hawks and Athletes First are playing in an "exhibition" at 7:45. They're the two best AAU teams in Oklahoma in my opinion.

couple of notes so far. I really like number 3 for team texas, based on the list daze had i believed he is nathan hawkins. Is an active defender, has a sweet stroke with a nice mid range game. Very promising player for the 2013 texas class. Another very interesting note, stevie clark and juan parker will both be doing double duty this weekend as they will play with atheltes first in the high school bracket and play for the oklahoma hawks in the 2013 group.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Sorry was using my blackberry and it wasn't be very cooperative.

I watched Athlete's First against Oklahoma Rams(who only had 5) and it was a blowout. Nino Jackson made one of the sickest dunks I have ever seen from a 6'1 guard. He was at the top of the key and threw it off the glass(t-mac) and came down the lane and cocked it back and slammed it home. I know some people were recording this so I hope it makes it on youtube before too long.

Last edited:
Saw a couple of the Championship games today. The 15U game was pretty good. 2013 is probably going to be the next solid class out of Oklahoma. Clark was good as usual for the OK Hawks, hitting threes from way down town. The Championship game for the 17U division was between AF and an team out of Tulsa. Nino Jackson was by far the best player on the court. He has some holes in his game, but who doesn't. He shoots well and he's quick and athletic. Caught one of the nicest ally oops I have seen all year. The other kid I was impressed with was the Spangler kid from Deer Creek and the Wilson kid from Tulsa. The Wilson kid will be a nice mid major PF. Nice footwork and touch around the rim, despite not being athletic. Spangler is like a poor man's Nick Collison. He has a chance on the mid major level as well. No secret the talent is down in the state. Jackson and Richardson are the only high major players I see right now.

I really like number 3 for team texas, based on the list daze had i believed he is nathan hawkins. Is an active defender, has a sweet stroke with a nice mid range game. Very promising player for the 2013 texas class.

Yes, that's Nathan. He is a very good perimeter defender for his size who can keep smaller players in front of him, making him a matchup nightmare for opposing coaches and teams. He's a strong rebounder who can push a defensive rebound full court and finish. He can create his own shot and understands floor spacing. He seems equally comfortable getting to the rim or shooting the deep ball.

Brett, I am basing the Young talk on a report I saw on scout this past weekend that mentioned. It said he had good height and ran the floor well, I hadn't heard much about the kid before that but since it was a scout writer talking about him and I saw his team was on the team list I figured he was worth a mention.
I follow Sean Young from Bixby. The kid's now 1/4" shy 6'11," and recently started working on his game with an ex-Univ of KS coach. I know of 6 schools watching him, two considering offers. We'll see how he this extra coaching pans out.

I follow Sean Young from Bixby. The kid's now 1/4" shy 6'11," and recently started working on his game with an ex-Univ of KS coach. I know of 6 schools watching him, two considering offers. We'll see how he this extra coaching pans out.

That is starting to get into being labeled as a likely stiff range (joke from another thread). Is OU one of the schools?

Who does Sean Young play for in AAU?

Yes, that's Nathan. He is a very good perimeter defender for his size who can keep smaller players in front of him, making him a matchup nightmare for opposing coaches and teams. He's a strong rebounder who can push a defensive rebound full court and finish. He can create his own shot and understands floor spacing. He seems equally comfortable getting to the rim or shooting the deep ball.
He appeared to have a really good feel and understanding of the game, especially for a 2013 kid. Would just pop open in the midrange and bury a jumper or crash the boards and get a put back. Looked like a guy with a lot of potential

DM, I gotta agree with Brett on Wilson from East Central. He seemed to remind me some of Armaic Fields, although not quite as tall or athletic. He still has some good ups and would be a good mid major forward. Spangler seemed like a tough, physical kid who appeared to be a good 6'8. Would be a good fit for ORU/TU.

I'm not sold on Richardson yet, he appeared to be more athletic than I remembered but he also seemed to play out of control at times. Not sure what to make of him as being a high major guy.

I think right now the Page comparison fits Clark but he has much more potential than Page has ever had. He has to be more than just a Keiton type guy to get an offer from Marquette this early in his career. Also I think he might have some more room to grow as I saw one of his older brothers at the tournament and he appeared to be a good 6 foot. If Stevie can keep growing he could be a really dangerous combo guard.

Nino Jackson was by far the best player on the court. He has some holes in his game, but who doesn't. He shoots well and he's quick and athletic. Caught one of the nicest ally oops I have seen all year.

DM/Sam and whoever watched Jackson. How highly recruited do you think this kid will be? I want to say I've read somewhere that Kansas was already taking a strong look at him, but I could be mistaken. Is he going to be that good?

Back