Summary of recruiting targets for THIS Spring

Ham

Reaction score
Help me update this.

These players either have offers or are speculated to possibly have offers/strong looks.
Rivals info is odd...it some cases it seems way out of date, in others - it seems updated? Who knows?

1. G - Isaiah Cousins - New York HS
Scout lists OU as one of four finalists along with Dayton, UConn, Xavier
2. PF/C - Matt Korchek - JUCO
Rivals - Four offers, Auburn, New Mexico, TCU and OU. Also lists Arizona/UW, but no offers
3. PF/C - D.J. Bennett - JUCO
Rivals says OU and Arkansas have offered. OU among top 7
4. G- Devon Branch - JUCO
The link below has info that OU offered him. A&M and Oregon "leaders"
5. (speculative) C - Isaac Freeman - Connecticut HS
Possible legit 7 footer. Scout lists offers from Mizzou, UMass, UCF and Drexel.
6. (speculative) PF - Daveon Boardingham - JUCO
Haven't found anything on him in the way of offers. Mentioned as possibility by OUHoops
7. (speculative) C - Phillip Nolan - Minnesota HS
Highest ranked player on the list. Rivals says offered by 10 schools but not OU? Interest in OU
8. (speculative) G- James Milliken - JUCO
Haven't found anything on him in the way of offers. Mentioned as possibility by OUHoops
9. (speculative) F- Dwayne Brunson - JUCO
Info on some of these JUCO guys found in this thread:
http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25441&highlight=brunson

Others listed with interest by either Rivals/Scout but NO OFFER from OU
Most of these names must have come from Rivals, which hasn't updated in a while.
EDIT - removed a few signed/committed players.

(all HS players)
Reggie Agbeko (has three 'mid-major' offers, interest in OU - top 8)
Brandon Pye - (may be committed to UNT)
Brandon Dean - (no apparent offers? OU one of 10 schools listed)
Anthony Hollins - (No offers. Interest in - Bama, Ark, BU, KU, OU, UT)
Vari Craig - (No offers and not much info.)
Austin Blackwell - (No offers, and according to Rivals, OU is in his top 9)
Xavier Thomas - (not much info?)
Dorrell Johnson - (No offers - per Scout, lists interest in KU, Mem, Mizz, OU)
Nino Jackson - apparently abducted by aliens.

Last edited:
From the looks of that list, the coaching staff seems to think OU needs big guys more than guards. Perhaps they really like Hield and Hornbeak and also feel good about Clark, Parker and Woodard next year?

Interesting and informative. Well done, Ham! :clap

Wow. Thanks for putting that list together. I wonder how many of these guys we are really in on at this point. I think the main thing I take away at this point is what Denver mentioned. Essentially, we seem to be after bigs. Looking at the roster, who we have coming in, and the OK guys we are after next season, I think focusing on bigs makes a lot of sense.

Hale is reporting that it is down to New Mexico and OU for Korchek and that OU has handled him the best and offered to let him redshirt.

Not gonna lie, the fact that we would let him come in and redshirt really surprises me. Unless we are expecting yet another big to come in for 2012 we need that depth.

OU is four deep with Arent plus Neal and Cam Clark could give minutes. I don't think letting the kid redshirt is that big of a deal. If he is the best available player and the coaches don't think he takes significant minutes from Fitzgerald, Osby and M'Baye, why not let him redshirt to have him available for the following year?

Not gonna lie, the fact that we would let him come in and redshirt really surprises me. Unless we are expecting yet another big to come in for 2012 we need that depth.

This. Not just surprising, but it actually shocks me. For a kid that probably projects to come off the bench at best, why "waste" a scholarship year by letting him redshirt.

I will say this, if we land Korchek and a guard to finish 2012, I bet M'Baye starts over Fitz next year. No way we go into next year so "light" in the post, and with so many bodies for the 3 guard spots (Grooms, Blair, Pledger, Cam, Neal, Hornbeak, Hield, and "guard yet signed"), and play M'Baye on the wing. It won't happen.

Back