Texas Gets committment from Deandre Daniels, 2011 SF

Romulus

Reaction score
#41 player in the country out of California.
Barnes is recruiting in overdrive these days. 3 of the top 41 players in the country for the 2011 class and 4 out of the top 65. Pretty impressive. Only 2 of them are from Texas.

No doubt they are on fire down there. I think that's six players committed for the 2010 and 2011 classes already.

Their almost done with 2011 recruiting. they have a pg and two wings. We'll gladly take the left over instate scraps in Texas such as Nash and Gipson.

And yet another kid who cites his admiration of Kevin Durant for his interest in Texas.

"Texas has always been my number one school from day one since Kevin Durant played there," said Daniels. "Their style of play fits me.

"He's a big fan of Kevin Durant. He's in that same type of mold. He's a long, rangy athlete with skill," said Waddey.

I hope and expect Blake Griffin's success in both college and the NBA to pay similar dividends for OU's recruiting of big men.

Barnes is the best recruiter in the league right now. I hope Capel can catch him. I really wish that we already had most of our 2011 class filled, so that Capel could focus on less prospects....

Barnes is the best recruiter in the league right now. I hope Capel can catch him. I really wish that we already had most of our 2011 class filled, so that Capel could focus on less prospects....
I would go with Self at the top with Barnes right behind him.

I would go with Self at the top with Barnes right behind him.

I am not buying that. Barnes is getting better classes than Bill without the fan support or lore of KU basketball. Plus, Rick is doing most of his damage away from the state of Texas. Downright impressive.

Imagine what Rick could do at KU!

My top 3 would be:

Barnes
Self
Capel

While I think Barnes is doing a great job at Texas, one could also say, imagine what Capel would do at UT.

While I think Barnes is doing a great job at Texas, one could also say, imagine what Capel would do at UT.

Capel wouldn't be doing much better at UT. He has already gotten the best player in Texas to come to OU for two years straight. UT has some of the exact same problems that OU has (football school, suspect fan support). I don't think there is much difference between the schools.

What you said is not even comparable to what Barnes could do at Kansas, as Kansas is a MUCH better job than Texas (from a pure basketball standpoint).

Back