The Freshman Factor

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
OU's frosh accounted for 46 points, 18 boards and 7 assists tonight. They also shot an impressive 17 of 27 (63%) from the field.

TMG: 12 points, 5 assists, 4 rebs.
Pledger: 14 points on 5 of 7 shooting (4-6 from three)
Tiny: 10 points, 9 rebs, 1 assist, 2 blocks
Fitz: 10 points, 5 rebs, 1 steal

This is the best freshman class i can remember. They can all play.

OU's frosh accounted for 46 points, 18 boards and 7 assists tonight. They also shot an impressive 17 of 27 (63%) from the field.

Pledger only played 9 minutes

The outside shooting woes may be gone for a few years.

Yes, outside shooting looks good with this team. It's a strange team with no true center and no true 3 man (yes, I know Crocker plays)

We are certainly recruiting a different caliber of player. All these guys are going to be factors this year. When was the last time you could say that about 4 freshmen?

It looked like Willie forced things at times, but I think he will start to trust these guys pretty quickly, how could you not.

Cade Davis made a difference every minute he was on the court. I think he was perfect from the field, and made a couple of really good defensive plays.

All in all, this may end up being the deepest team we have had in a very long time. We need to shore up a few things on the defensive end of the floor, but that will come with experience.

This team could end up being better than last years team by the end of the year, we will certainly have more scoring options.

Wait till we get Hardrick in there, then its going to be like the fab 5!!!!!

Ada, you have a link for the game stats? I can't find one posted yet.

Pledger - nice shot, played under control

TMG - Flashy, quick, played out of control at time, but could be a great PG

Fitz - good feet and hands

Tiny - good feet and hands

GOODNESS sakes. We are loaded guys. Also I just found this board tonight.

Remember that the last scheduled game most of these players played was a high-school game. They acquitted themselves quite well, I think.

Remember that the last scheduled game most of these players played was a high-school game. They acquitted themselves quite well, I think.

I think they all adjusted quite well. Even if this was just an exhibition game.

Back