This is two games against crap teams that OU has not looked good...

And Kentucky needed a last second shot to avoid OT against a pathetic team. And UCLA has already lost to a pathetic team. And Mich St. has lost in previous years to bad teams. It happens.

Oh and also add Georgetown to that list.

What I am saying is there are games coming up VERY SOON against Arizona, Houston (neutral court), at Utah, UTEP (neutral court), at Gonzaga, at VCU, Arkansas, etc.

OU might get thumped a few more times than predicted in the preseason in the above mentioned games. I mean, we had people predicting blowouts against good and experienced Houston and UTEP teams. That is not going to happen. Maybe they will grow up fast, but I am not seeing a whole lot of wins against the above mentioned teams based on what I have seen so far.

We will see how they improve, and im sure they will... but it could be a long process and they might get beat by double digits a few times before conference play.

That only matters if you're gunning for a 1 or 2 seed. No one wants to see OU lose, but this is really something we don't need to be concerned with right now. What we should concern ourselves with is if we see the players not hustling out there. The skills will come with time, the intangibles are what we're looking for.

I think what draws the ire of some posters has nothing to do with what "could" happen next week or next month and so on but more to the point of what "has" happened. When you have three Mcdonalds all americans you should be running roughshod over weaker opponents.

Not if 2 of them are true freshmen and in their 2nd college game. UNC will probably have issues this year because they lose a ton of players, they have a bunch of all american's but they aren't. They struggled to a bad Valpo team the other day. Kansas is struggling against Memphis who lost everyone.

I dont post much but this is absurd. The team wins the game against a team w a good game plan. Abd is a clown and sounds like an OF poster. The potential is there bball is a progressive sport they will be real good come January. Didnt last years elite 8 squad almost loose to a lesser team at home last year.

ULM just played slow-down muck-it-up bball. Reminded me of when Don Nelson took either the Mavs or Warriors into MSG to play the Knicks and his whole gameplan was to not take a shot until 1 or 2 sec. was left on the shot clock. You either make the shot, miss and they get a board, or miss and get an o-board. And it slowed the game way down and hurt any offensive flow for NY. Teams with lesser talent are going to junk things up and throw crazy ass defensive schemes out there. Our guys also need to take care of the ball a whole lot better. The really seemed intent on clogging up the lane for most of the game which didn't lead to Tiny having many good looks. Since Tiny has range, I'd like to see Fitz, Croc, or RW get position down low and let Tiny bring his guy out and pop the 10-12' shot. One positive tonight was RW finally showing some signs of life and athleticism. Its a long season folks, this isn't football where 1 or 2 losses kills you.

There was a bunch of silly mistakes that took place tonight.

But anyone who knows basketball recognizes that this team has shown plenty to be excited about thus far through these two games.

Yea, expecting OU to look decent against a 10 win team is the same as expecting a Final Four team.

See above response.

I love ya Big but sometimes you overreact. The best players on this team are basically freshman and sophs. We are going to have some bad nights. And i think this team we played tonight was not horrible and had a good game plan to slow it down. They ran 30 seconds almost every possession and we never got into a groove in the first half. Its Nov 16, these games are basically meaningless.

LOL

Can't believe the knee-jerking.

I spent most of the first half LAUGHING at the myriad of mistakes and blunders they were committing. It looked more like the Keystone Cops at certain points than it did an "elite" D-1 basketball squad.

Such is the beginning of the year and playing with a ton of freshmen.

To think this is indicative of anything else is silly.

LOL

Can't believe the knee-jerking.

I spent most of the first half LAUGHING at the myriad of mistakes and blunders they were committing. It looked more like the Keystone Cops at certain points than it did an "elite" D-1 basketball squad.

Such is the beginning of the year and playing with a ton of freshmen.

To think this is indicative of anything else is silly.

As the OP pointed out, I'm concerned.....however, I'm not discouraged and I'm not panicking. I just see some things from a fundamental standpoint that I really don't like. Making bad passes drives me absolutely crazy. Not playing with constant effort on the defensive end is maddening. And there is no excuse being outrebounded by a smaller team. A former coach once said "rebounding is an attitude". Sorry, these are some of my pet peeves as a lifelong basketball player/fan. Do I expect us to improve?....yes. I think this team has the potential to drastically improve over the course of the season.

I love my school and I love this team, but I also want to see them be as successful as possible. But we are going to take some lumps in the non-conf, so everyone brace yourselves.

I agree. Outside of a bunch of free throws and uncontested layups, which you get in pregame warmups, he didn't show any promise from the outside and yes, he is a guard.

well you will be surprised this year .. willie will continue to have lots of FF and layups ..

wow of things to complain about

I like this team because we can get alot of points from alot of different players. We need to work on the rebounding and the D will bet better. As others have said, many teams struggle early and we will be just fine. I'm very excited about the season!

It's early and this is a young team. You'll see major improvement between now and January.

Relax people. Outside of WW (and Tony Crocker but we never know which Crocker will show up every game) this team is very young. Did you expect these true freshmen to come in and blow teams out? Even Blake Griffin wasn't completely dominant his freshman season if you remember correctly.

Relax people. Outside of WW (and Tony Crocker but we never know which Crocker will show up every game) this team is very young. Did you expect these true freshmen to come in and blow teams out? Even Blake Griffin wasn't completely dominant his freshman season if you remember correctly.

Yep there's only one true freshman in OU history that didn't struggle. That Tisdale guy.

I'll give the team the benefit of doubt.

Pledger and Mason-Griffin looked fine tonight, disappointed on Gallon and Fitzgerald because they had bad games. Curious to see opposing teams game plans after seeing Freshman for the first time. I'd like to see all the adjustments that can be made.

But Cade Davis looked like the sharp shooter that comes around every once in awhile. Great to see it now, but want to see it when we need it because others aren't hitting their shots.

Willie Warren is a beast.

I expect a dropoff from last year, you can't forget how special the No. 1 pick was, but I still expect to be a tourney team, and maybe sneak into the top of the Big 12.

Hold on. Tiny had double digit rebounds. But how many times did he touch the ball in the course of the offensive possession. No more than 5 or 6, with 3 or 4 of those coming outside the arc where he isn't trying to shoot from very often as of late. He scored 3 points off of 2/3 touches in the paint. Thats a good percentage. He needs the ball more inside if you want him to produce.

This team will play it's best basketball come conference time and as the year goes on.

No offense, but I get sick of reading stuff like that. EVERY team should be playing their best ball later in the season.

Back