This Joe Mixon thing.....

You're damn straight I consider it the good fight -- hate speech is hate speech. The N word is a horrible, hateful, harmful word, but it's not the only one. The claim by witnesses that she used the N word is endlessly cited by OU fans because it benefits Mixon's cause, while the claim by witnesses that Joe and/or his friends started the whole thing by making homophobic comments hurts his cause, so it is consistently left out of accounts of that evening's events. As long as it's left out, I'll keep bringing it up. It matters.

Do you honestly think a woman and her gay friends are going to seek out trouble with some random guys, at least one of whom was huge (by normal person standards), for no reason at all, with no justification? She was drunk, yes, but do you really think she walked in the place and thought, I think I'll stir up trouble with that huge guy over there?

Something started the whole mess, but we don't see that part of the encounter in the tape that was released nor is there any audio. So the only way we "know" that she uttered the N word is witness accounts. That's also how we "know" that Joe's group started it with homophobic crap. You readily accept one of those as a fact but offer an LOL at the other one. I'll leave you to figure out for yourself why that is.
actually pretty much everybody agrees that Mixon or somebody he was with could have used that word. and there is no way of knowing which term was used first

And yes, there are plenty of people that start fights just to start fights...regardless of how logical it is

and i only LOL at people that think the girl had no part in what happened

Last edited:
A few things:

FIRST! I'm not washing my hands of OU because of this thing. It's unfortunate, and I think we could've handled it better. But this will all be a memory in a couple of weeks.

2. He had to give Bomar the boot. The powers that be had a massive case against him. He was caught red-handed.

3. I think Bob factors in the quality of player before person. We're just going to disagree on that. These are million dollar decisions here, and I'm not surprised he'd stick his neck out for a star. Coupled with the Green-Beckham thing going on at the same time, I'd say 2014 was a tough year PR-wise for Stoops and the Sooners.

4. I was hoping the gal in question had done a whole lot more physically before Mixon gave her the business. I was hoping for spitting, pushing, shoving, clawing......certainly more than what she got.

5. The thing that troubled me the most was how coolly he waltzed out of Pickleman's with that gal on the ground in a heap.

6. I hope he runs all over All-Barn.

A few things:

FIRST! I'm not washing my hands of OU because of this thing. It's unfortunate, and I think we could've handled it better. But this will all be a memory in a couple of weeks.

2. He had to give Bomar the boot. The powers that be had a massive case against him. He was caught red-handed.

3. I think Bob factors in the quality of player before person. We're just going to disagree on that. These are million dollar decisions here, and I'm not surprised he'd stick his neck out for a star. Coupled with the Green-Beckham thing going on at the same time, I'd say 2014 was a tough year PR-wise for Stoops and the Sooners.

4. I was hoping the gal in question had done a whole lot more physically before Mixon gave her the business. I was hoping for spitting, pushing, shoving, clawing......certainly more than what she got.

5. The thing that troubled me the most was how coolly he waltzed out of Pickleman's with that gal on the ground in a heap.

6. I hope he runs all over All-Barn.

well you can't tell from the video if she spit on him. But you can see that she pushed/shoved and slapped him and grabbed his neck. So....

And knowing the kind of person that Bob is and other things he does without media attention, I'm pretty confident he looks at the person. And then add in how all Boren cares about is image, and I think it is safe to say that a lot more thought than just how good of a football player is he came into play

actually pretty much everybody agrees that Mixon or somebody he was with could have used that word. and there is no way of knowing which term was used first

And yes, there are plenty of people that start fights just to start fights...regardless of how logical it is

I've seen almost no one "agree" with that -- the witness accounts were mentioned when the whole thing first happened, but they have been erased from the unofficial public record in every online account of it I've seen since those earliest days; it is virtually NEVER mentioned in discussions about the incident unless I bring it up (not tooting my own horn here, but I won't keep quiet about this). Revisionist history is harmful, and that's what we have when all the focus is on her alleged use of a hateful word and his (or his friends') alleged usage of an equally hateful word is never mentioned.

And the next time I see a woman and a couple of physically unimposing gay guys go into a restaurant looking to start something with (at least one) big guy they don't know from Adam will be the first time. The gay guys I know (and I know many) are just looking to be left alone -- they are FAR more likely to be harassed than to do any harassing.

I agree with this. If Joe were my son, I'd be especially disappointed about this aspect of the incident. It's one thing to lose one's temper and throw a punch, but it's quite another to see the damage you've done and hightail it out of there, with her lying on the ground unconscious and, I'm guessing, bleeding.

And the next time I see a woman and a couple of physically unimposing gay guys go into a restaurant looking to start something with (at least one) big guy they don't know from Adam will be the first time. The gay guys I know (and I know many) are just looking to be left alone -- they are FAR more likely to be harassed than to do any harassing.

I challenge you to go into any college bar or dance hall after midnight and see how the women and gay guys act after a few drinks.

I challenge you to go into any college bar or dance hall after midnight and see how the women and gay guys act after a few drinks.

This. I've seen plenty of both get drunk and act "completely out of character." It happens. Frequently.

it is virtually NEVER mentioned in discussions about the incident

You know why? Because from all accounts, it wasn't Joe that said it. And if Joe didn't say it, and this "altercation" was between Joe and this girl, than at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

The girl doesn't get to call Joe the n-word, get his him face, shove him, spit on him, and slap him, b/c somebody that was "with Joe" called somebody that was "with her" a slur. That isn't how it works.

Exactly. That was the only part of the tape that IMO was different than the story we were told. I thought he wound up, stepped into it, and delivered a real hay maker of a punch. That didn't happen. As you said, that punch wasn't much of anything, actually.

I've read about 50 articles on this, and watched the video a few dozen times. This is the first time I have seen ANYONE say it wasn't a vicious punch. He broke 4 bones in her face. To blame it on the table is one of the most laughable things ive ever read.

If Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson slams my face into a brick wall, is he innocent because the wall broke my face, not his arm? Give me a freaking break guys....

It's not surprising when you realize the guy is a total scumbag.

why do you put punishment in quotes? He was punished by being kicked off the team for a year

Yea..... Spend a year getting bigger, stronger, and faster. Big punishment.

As for this hurting OU.....LMAO. It'll be gone and forgotten about, for the most part, within the next month or so. Christmas, a new president, college basketball kicking into full gear, the Super Bowl.....this won't be news worry very soon.

Man, that's great news. A bunch of stuff is happening that will distract us from this.

he was walking away....and she grabbed him, pushed him, and slapped him all before he punched her.

Break a girls face the next time you get pushed by one, and let's see if you don't end up in jail.

I've read about 50 articles on this, and watched the video a few dozen times. This is the first time I have seen ANYONE say it wasn't a vicious punch. He broke 4 bones in her face. To blame it on the table is one of the most laughable things ive ever read.

If Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson slams my face into a brick wall, is he innocent because the wall broke my face, not his arm? Give me a freaking break guys....
That isn't even an accurate analogy.

But if you hit someone in the arm and they trip and break their face on the table is it fair to say that you punched them and broke their face?
The punch looks viscious b/c of the grainy video and how quick it happened. But it wasn't that hard of a punch and it wasn't the punch that broke the face. And you can't even tell from the video if he even punched her or slapped her.

It's not surprising when you realize the guy is a total scumbag.
Bob is not going to keep a scum bag on the team. plain and simple. He has kicked high rate players off the team for less serious offenses.

Yea..... Spend a year getting bigger, stronger, and faster. Big punishment.
He couldn't even use the team facilities. So yeah it is a punishment. He couldn't use the strength coaches, the weight rooms,etc. He didn't play the game he loves for a year. That is a big punishment.

Man, that's great news. A bunch of stuff is happening that will distract us from this.

Break a girls face the next time you get pushed by one, and let's see if you don't end up in jail.
IF there is video of her his hands on my neck, and her slapping and pushing while i walk away, I wouldn't be going to jail. But go ahead and ignore what the judge and lawyers have said. If anything, they both should have been charged.

There is a reason she didn't want the video released bud.

You can't fight for equality and then not expect it.

Hell, in today's world (joking, kind of) couldn't mixon just claim he is a woman:ez-laugh:

Do I agree with Joe's actions? No, not at all. I think he was in the wrong. But i also think she was in the wrong. And you can't, as a human being, expect to do what she did and not expect something to happen. What lesson are we teaching our daughters if we say it's OK if you slap and push someone, whether male or female, and expect that they shouldn't retaliate?

This is all without bringing up her past crimes as well. She was no saint before this. Especially considering her social media posts before the incident.

Hey sky, anything to say about the story pointing out that Mixon was called the n word before he dropped the gay slur?

Kind of killed your reasoning dead in the water.

I thought Stoops did a good job at the press conference. And as expected, social media and the news are already onto the next topic....grayson allen tripping people lol

So after Bob Stoops uses Joe Mixon for a few years, wins a few Big 12 championships, etc he comes out and says he would have kicked him off the team if this happened today.... and we think that's a good thing?

Back