UCONN's fans react to OU nabbing Peters

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
I was really hoping UConn would get him. Oh well, great pickup for Oklahoma

wish him the best, but he would have been much better off w/. his development @ UCONN"]wish him the best, but he would have been much better off w/. his development @ UCONN

Well that sucks. He was going to be one of the next in line of UCONN shot blockers.

:ford

His development?
Haha, thats funny, look at how much Capel helped out Longar.
And another example that might be a factor in big men development for Capel, a guy named Blake Griffin. Heck look at how much Taylor improved down low during Capel's tenure.
I know they have a history of good recent big men, but that just comes off as very arrogant.

Well I'm glad we go him, then!

Yeah that one comment seemed pretty arrogant. haha

In fairness, Jim Calhoon has an unmatched record for the development of big men.

I coached against both Emeka Okafor and Thabeet in Texas High School basketball. Thabeet wasn't good enough to start for our 4A high school, let alone a major college. What the UConn coaches did with those guys is special.

Blake Griffin is also a great example for Coach Capel. Get a few more like him and Capel will establish the same reputation. Heck, Griffin will allow OU to recruit big men on a national level now.

do you have a link? I am just curious which site you got it from.

Blake Griffin is also a great example for Coach Capel. Get a few more like him and Capel will establish the same reputation. Heck, Griffin will allow OU to recruit big men on a national level now.

You need to add the progress of Longar his last 2 years to Capel and staff's list of accomplishments with BIGS.

You need to add the progress of Longar his last 2 years to Capel and staff's list of accomplishments with BIGS.

Taylor is another great example. He really improved his inside post moves and using the rim as a shield to fend of taller defenders. I think Nate Carter is another worth noting.

Let's hope we can say the same regarding Ryan Wright and Orlando!

Back