Unleash TINY

beastarelia

Reaction score
I have followed this Kid from AAU to Oakhill, where at Oakhill they went 40 and 1, the reason, Tiny touched the ball, he drew the double teams, he passed to the cutters , he saw the open man , long outlet passes, etc., He is a play maker!..... I know this was high school, but talent dosen't stop at high school he can do it here.... Lets USE HIM!. Guards pentrate, and dish he has GREAT HANDS, he will catch it, If you give Tiny the ball when he post up, he will pass it back, you will have an open shot!...

If he set the pick for you and roll to the basket, look for him. Don't look the other way, the % is higher with him, he is there for a dunk or a hook shot, etc.. His momentum will change on defense, It's nothing more frustrating then having the other team pass to their post, and you don't get it from your team!.. I played the Post in college, that is the hardest positon on the court.. Its very physical!....... 90% of his scoring is coming from Trash baskets. Offensive Rebounds. We Win and Loose together, :tinypowerLET DO IT!.

You're right. Some of the statements on here about Tiny are very interesting. This kid has bought into getting rebounds which I didn't expect so early. He is a beast around the bucket. He needs to box out much better and play with better awareness. I think if he will do these two things he will be a very good player for us. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Unleash Tiny's FEET...

The kid didn't move his feet at all on defense. It frustrated me beyond belief to watch him stand still and reach his arm out like he could just stuff a kid coming through the lane. IMO, that is what is really holding him back. Just a little more conditioning and a little more effort defensively. I don't think I ever saw Blake Griffin play that lazy on defense...

Obviously, he has a great offensive game, but he can't be effective when he's fouled out or too winded to even make it up and down the court.

I agree. However, he's a freshman and learning what he can and can't do at this level and within Coach Capel's system. Sometimes he looks like a bull in a china shop; he just needs to understand when to get after it and when to lay off in the paint, both offensively and defensively. I agree about his defensive deficiencies, but that will improve with maturity and coaching.

If he ever gets to the point where he will move his feet on defense, run up and down the court and not throw the ball to the other team for layups then I'd love for him to play 30-35 minutes because he can score and rebound.

He fouled out in only 22 minutes yesterday.

Look at what he did in those 22 minutes!... almost a double double (15 9), The fouls came from Guard penatration.. (in which our guards got beat)... and what about the other games where he didn't foul out???????

I am not trying to be critical of anyone.. Just saying how he can help the TEAM!....

If he ever gets to the point where he will move his feet on defense, run up and down the court and not throw the ball to the other team for layups then I'd love for him to play 30-35 minutes because he can score and rebound.

How many point did he give up in the paint from the POST?.. Houston's Post players had 7 and 4... The posts has to contain their man and also help stop guard penetration... The guards only has to contain their man.

"Throwing the ball up the court for the other team to score a lay up?.. in what game and how many times has that happened?...

i agree. However, he's a freshman and learning what he can and can't do at this level and within coach capel's system. Sometimes he looks like a bull in a china shop; he just needs to understand when to get after it and when to lay off in the paint, both offensively and defensively. I agree about his defensive deficiencies, but that will improve with maturity and coaching.

agree!

Unleash Tiny's FEET...

The kid didn't move his feet at all on defense. It frustrated me beyond belief to watch him stand still and reach his arm out like he could just stuff a kid coming through the lane. IMO, that is what is really holding him back. Just a little more conditioning and a little more effort defensively. I don't think I ever saw Blake Griffin play that lazy on defense...

Obviously, he has a great offensive game, but he can't be effective when he's fouled out or too winded to even make it up and down the court.

To stand with your arms straight up is good basketball sense.. He don't need to swat at every ball.. He just need to alter the shot.. That is the main reason Post players fouls out. "trying to block shots"... Refes watch the defender not the offensive player.. any movement goes against the defender.. and with the bench we have this year.. if Tiny fouls out.. we suffer in rebounds.. I would must rather have him stand and alter shots with stretched out arms. than try to block every shot and foul out...

Tiny and the team will get better on those areas!..

Back