Update: Frank Booker announcing on March 21

Re: Update: Twitter report says Frank Booker is a Sooner

I give up:

@BPrzybylo
3-star SG @frankbooker11 says he will make his decision March 21 (Thurs). #Sooners are in great position

Re: Frank Booker may be announcing tomorrow

So he's either committed, or announcing next Thursday. Got it.

Perhaps the kid wants to have a little press conference in his home town and make an announcement. You can't blame him for that. At 17 or 18 that would seem like a huge deal. I suspect (but have no inside knowledge) that he told Neysmith and meant for it to be confidential. Neysmith either did not understand that or ignored it and tweeted the information.

I am really hoping this kid picks OU. With Hield, Hornbeak, Cousins, Woodard and Booker OU wold really be set in the backcourt for a few years. OU could afford to be very selective with its backcourt recruiting next season.

I hope he commits. We need a shooter for next year.

New Neysmith tweet:

@EHoopsShowcase: Although it looks like Oklahoma is in the drivers seat with Frank Booker, the official word is: a definite decision will come next Thursday

Man really hope we close this deal up. No visits this week or weekend depending when his spring break is.

I think he sees the wide open role he could have with pledger graduating

Homer Hale reported earlier today he is announcing tomorrow.

The first day of the NCAA Tournament doesn't seem like a great day to announce. :/

OK, a source in Georgia is hearing the delay is simply to set up an announcement at his school with his classmates.

That may be because they are on Spring Break this week (I don't know that to be fact) or some other reason why it can't be done this week. I'm not sure.

But this source thinks it looks really good for OU, especially when you consider he didn't make it to Tennessee last weekend as planned nor has taken any other visits. Thinks Booker sees that the opportunity to step in and replace Pledger's shooting will help seal the deal.

OK, a source in Georgia is hearing the delay is simply to set up an announcement at his school with his classmates.

That may be because they are on Spring Break this week (I don't know that to be fact) or some other reason why it can't be done this week. I'm not sure.

But this source thinks it looks really good for OU, especially when you consider he didn't make it to Tennessee last weekend as planned nor has taken any other visits. Thinks Booker sees that the opportunity to step in and replace Pledger's shooting will help seal the deal.

Makes sense. I sure hope that's why the announcement has been delayed. I really want this kid! He's exactly what we need to replace Pledger next year.

It's been an hour; no new version of the story? I'm disappointed!

Oops tapatalk time is wrong, only been a few minutes. I will check back for the new version in an hour.

Oops tapatalk time is wrong, only been a few minutes. I will check back for the new version in an hour.

larry-stare-o.gif

Re: Frank Booker is announcing tomorrow

I actually like his shot. Squares up, not all chest or arm. a tad low. I like his length too.

exciting prospect!

This. I agree with the thought that it's low...on the bright side, it appears he doesn't have a lot of wasted motion in his shot and seems to have a pretty quick release.

Be a Sooner, Frank.

It would be great to get another good shooter in here to fill the void left by Pledge. He definitely would have some solid guards around him to help set up his shot.

I am sure Kruger's time with the Atlanta Hawks is helping us secure Booker.

Also, Horace's son, Tony (Neysmith) was one of the Capel recruits I really liked. He knew how to play defense from day 1 and eventually started at Auburn. I really thought he would be a solid player for us.

I am sure Kruger's time with the Atlanta Hawks is helping us secure Booker.

Also, Horace's son, Tony (Neysmith) was one of the Capel recruits I really liked. He knew how to play defense from day 1 and eventually started at Auburn. I really thought he would be a solid player for us.

I met Horace when the Sooners played at Madison Square Garden during Blake's freshman year (what was that -- preseason NIT? Coaches vs. Cancer? Not sure). He was a nice guy.

Back