Update on PC West guard Omega Harris

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hearing that Oklahoma has apparently offered Omega Harris. Harris is a 6-1 guard from PC West. He's class of 2014 so he'll be a junior next year.

I know that he attended at least two of OU's games this year. Sam or William will have to remind which ones.

Also, reading up on him just now a bit around the net he's also apparently getting interest from the likes of Kansas, Arkansas, Kansas State and Missouri State among others.

Here's some video from Sam/OKHoops.com:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjvQl6o8cQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBYpvzwx5Zo[/ame]

I liked his film as much as any player in Oklahoma from last season.

Lots of talent in this state right now. Hopefully Kruger can close the deal on some of them.

I know he was at Bedlam game with Shaq Morris and Stevie Clark

Looks like mire of a street ball player to me. His ball moves look sloppy.. Stevie clark > Harris

Looks like mire of a street ball player to me. His ball moves look sloppy.. Stevie clark > Harris

His play style reminds me a lot of Willie Warren's actually, with less of an outside shot. Nothing says we can't have both. Harris is also a year younger than Clark so he has more time to develop. In an ideal world I could see us landing both of them and have a Quannas/Hollis type duo going on again. But that's more of a pipe dream than anything.

Most great players will have to settle their game down some at the collegiate level. We don't need to pass on him unless he has off the court issues.

@hoopsaustin pretty harsh to say sloppy, especially when this kid is fundamentally sound but you have to actually know ball to see that. Humble kid respectful and most
of mannerable. He gets knocked for not being aggressive enough only a sophomore but has already been to Nike in the 7th,Pangos All American, John Lucas where he was listed as one of top scores. He has already qualified with the ACT GPA 3.5. So lets get to know the kudzu before we knock them. Thanks in advance! ;)

@hoopsaustin pretty harsh to say sloppy, especially when this kid is fundamentally sound but you have to actually know ball to see that. Humble kid respectful and most
of mannerable. He gets knocked for not being aggressive enough only a sophomore but has already been to Nike in the 7th,Pangos All American, John Lucas where he was listed as one of top scores. He has already qualified with the ACT GPA 3.5. So lets get to know the kudzu before we knock them. Thanks in advance! ;)

Sounds good Omega, thanks for posting

He has already qualified with the ACT GPA 3.5. So lets get to know the kudzu before we knock them. Thanks in advance! ;)

You have to like that. I like to see these young guys that are taking care of things off the court as well as on the court. He sounds like a really good kid to me and hope OU is lucky enough to get him.

Great handles for a soph and the ability to finish with both hands is impressive to say the least.

He is a must get, IMO, we need to lock down this state.

You have to like that. I like to see these young guys that are taking care of things off the court as well as on the court. He sounds like a really good kid to me and hope OU is lucky enough to get him.

I may be a bit old school about things like this, but I want a program to develop good young adults and not just good players. I always love when we bring in players who are ready to do what they need to on the court and off the court to improve themselves. Hopefully Harris is that kind of person and hopefully Lon is after those kinds of people.

I may be a bit old school about things like this, but I want a program to develop good young adults and not just good players. I always love when we bring in players who are ready to do what they need to on the court and off the court to improve themselves. Hopefully Harris is that kind of person and hopefully Lon is after those kinds of people.

From all appearances and his past, Lon definitely agrees with you!

Omega also just received an interest letter from Lehigh the school that knocked Duke out of the tournament. Looks like he is gaining more and more interest and is only a sophomore!:woot

Me too, Denver! I've had my fill of high-profile recruits with low values, when it comes to taking care of academics and showing respect for getting a free ride on an education. I want more kids like Omega Harris in our program!

As for his game, I can see a bit of street-baller in him that hoopaustin referred to. I also see a sophomore in high school with tons of potential. He already has a nice stroke, a pretty darned good crossover move, and he can finish in traffic with either hand.

Nothing I saw in the highlight videos leads me to believe that Kruger made a mistake by offering this young man. My goodness, this kid is a 2014 recruit! If indeed his game needs to be "refined," he has two more years to do it before he is eligible to play at OU.

Back