>>>>>OU vs. Texas Gameday Thread<<<<<

They fight, but they can't finish. In the end, what counts is wins and losses. These freshmen now have two-thirds of the season under their belts and no results nor much confidence to really show for it. I love OU basketball and it is excruciating to watch these collapses. Love the kids, but this season is such a kick in the balls.

Relax, we have one of the youngest teams in the league. Losing sucks, but these guys are showing a ton of promise. McGusty and Dolittle are special, and if we can add Trae Young I could see a Final Four in our near future.

you constantly threaten to leave when we lose....it gets old

I don't know what your deal is with me, but I've never threatened to leave. But I have mentioned on several occasions (in one way or another) how difficult this season has been to watch. Yes, I'm pissed when we lose....especially when we have the game in hand. That is part of being a fan and if YOU can smile after losses, well then again, we have different expectations.

we have different expectations.

Haven't you adjusted your expectations since the season started? If not, now might be a good time to do so. I'm as disappointed in the loss as anyone, but not surprised by it. At this point, what's left to us is watching the team develop and grow with an eye toward next season and beyond. Hopefully, we'll also notch some good wins as this season progresses but we're clearly not going to the Dance (barring a miracle in the Big 12 tourney), so expectations should be modest at best.

Haven't you adjusted your expectations since the season started? If not, now might be a good time to do so. I'm as disappointed in the loss as anyone, but not surprised by it. At this point, what's left to us is watching the team develop and grow with an eye toward next season and beyond. Hopefully, we'll also notch some good wins as this season progresses but we're clearly not going to the Dance (barring a miracle in the Big 12 tourney), so expectations should be modest at best.

I hear ya Sky. I don't expect to make the tournament....my expectations for that waved bye bye in December. But candidly, after the wins over Tech and WV, I was hoping we could get on a bit of a roll and finish at .500 and possibly make the NIT. That was my hope because what this team needs is more and more "in-game repitition" in order to get better. However, so many close losses in games where we have had the lead just grinds on me. And I've never been one to make excuses for losing.....although this season is teaching me different with our youth. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Back