updated OU #3 in current ESPN bracket

Re: OU #8 in current bracketology

Does the early bird get any sleep?

And FWIW, Xavier is an #11 seed and in the play-in game.

I was going to mention that oswho was unseeded, but then I remembered that they're ineligible this season.

And FWIW, Xavier is an #11 seed and in the play-in game.

I was going to mention that oswho was unseeded, but then I remembered that they're ineligible this season.

I'm no OSU fan but it sucks for them that Cunningham won't play in the NCAA Tournament while cheaters like KU and Arizona continue to skate by.

I'm no OSU fan but it sucks for them that Cunningham won't play in the NCAA Tournament while cheaters like KU and Arizona continue to skate by.

he choose his fate .. (and helped his brothers pocket book) ..

I actually think he's got a situation similar to Ben Simmons at LSU. Outside of Cade, they're not very good. They've played some sloppy ball and their ceiling looks pretty low. I would bet they end up at the bottom of the Big 12 with ISU and KSU. Wouldn't have made the tournament anyway.

He knew that when he signed, but I agree with you. KU and zona should be punished as well.

I don’t know why schools continue to cooperate with the ncaa investigation. Schools that stonewall get away with it

I don’t know why schools continue to cooperate with the ncaa investigation. Schools that stonewall get away with it

OSU is eligible. Since they have appealed they are eligible until the committee meets. Lunardi researched it and said that they will be included in his next update. They would be an 8 seed also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSU is eligible. Since they have appealed they are eligible until the committee meets. Lunardi researched it and said that they will be included in his next update. They would be an 8 seed also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a weird process

I expect to drop to a 9 or 10 in ESPN's bracketology. I typically follow Bart Torvik's (T-Rank) system. He updates his metrics as games conclude during the day. We are a #10 seed in his layout currently:
https://barttorvik.com/tranketology.php

Xavier could turn out to be really good or they could end up like Stanford (who whacked us) last season (Stanford was right on the cut-line at seasons end). Bracket Wag and Seed Madness are two other sites that I follow that continually update results and adjust their projections accordingly. However for now, both are still showing their preseason projections, but will likely start updating right after Christmas:
http://bracketwag.com/
http://www.seed-madness.com/

I would consider that totally unacceptable after the last few years and with so many experienced players on roster... OU likely has 2-3 guys who will land on various all-conference lists.

If they can't do any better than scrape into the NCAA Tournament, it would be time to consider replacing Kruger.

Assuming they don't return due to Covid, this team is scheduled to lose Brady Manek, Austin Reaves, Kur Kuath, and Alondes Williams this year. 4 starters.

If they do better than a 12 seed, will you be calling for Lunardi to be fired?

If they do better than a 12 seed, will you be calling for Lunardi to be fired?

Red Herring: This is a diversionary tactic that avoids the key issues, often by avoiding opposing arguments rather than addressing them.

Red Herring: This is a diversionary tactic that avoids the key issues, often by avoiding opposing arguments rather than addressing them.

No, it was a quip meant to mock the very notion of raising the topic of firing a coach based on a waaaay-too-early "prediction" of which seed we might be given 10 weeks from now. Lunardi's got the softest -- and silliest -- gig in sports journalism. He puts forth guesses all year round and is never, ever judged by how accurate (or not) they are.

What if he'd given us a two seed? Would you have floated the idea of Kruger being awarded a contract extension?

No, it was a quip meant to mock the very notion of raising the topic of firing a coach based on a waaaay-too-early "prediction" of which seed we might be given 10 weeks from now. Lunardi's got the softest -- and silliest -- gig in sports journalism. He puts forth guesses all year round and is never, ever judged by how accurate (or not) they are.

What if he'd given us a two seed? Would you have floated the idea of Kruger being awarded a contract extension?

If Kruger gets a 2 seed he probably would get a contract extension. That would mean OU is a top 10 team nationally.

That being said, I misunderstood your intent. And yes, Lunardi has the dumbest job over at ESPN. It's just work week click bait kinda stuff... Show up to the office on a random Tuesday, check espn.com between meetings, see that Lunardi has a new bracket out, click it, whatever. That's its purpose.

My comments on Kruger were also hypothetical, but the outcome that Lunardi guessed wouldn't really surprise me. That's where we've been lately. Within a loss or two of not making the NCAA Tournament at all. We are a fringe program now. If it happens again, OU should make a change.

Man a 2nd round matchup with Houston would be interesting.

Back