What is the "VIP Basketball Event" this fall OU is promoting?

Sooner23

Reaction score
If you put a $50 deposit down for next year's season tickets before April 8, you get invited to some sort of VIP event this fall (see below).

Maybe I'm reaching there, but could this be some sort of LNC renovation or arena announcement, and getting to pick out your seats in person?

"Sooner Hoops Madness" has begun for all fans of the University of Oklahoma's men's and women's basketball programs. The OU Athletics Department announced Friday that Sooner fans can now place a $50 deposit for 2014-15 men's and/or women's season tickets as part of the Sooner Hoops Madness Season Ticket Deposit Plan.

By placing the deposit by April 8, fans will receive an invitation this summer to a VIP basketball event to be held in the fall of 2014. Separate events will be held for the two programs (details to be announced).

There are separate VIP events for the men's and women's program.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArt...60&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209421307

Very interesting! I'd love to buy season tickets, but living in Kansas makes it hard to come to games during the week. I'd hate for those tickets to go to waste. If I knew for sure my Uncle in Yukon would go to the games that I cannot make it to, I'd probably do it. Any other options?

Last edited:
I think they are just needing a reason to get people to pay sooner. We always hold out til October and have no problem re-upping the seats we have but they haggle the crap out of ya from now til October trying to get you to pay for next years tickets.

Very cool. I will for sure be renewing my season tickets so this is a nice little perk for me.

I doubt the VIP event will be to announce anything regarding the LNC. The announcement for any LNC improvements could be done at a single event. The announcement sent to fans indicates separate events will be held for the two programs. Hence I suspect it will be an event that will permit participants to interface with players or coaches perhaps both.

Last year they matched your deposit. I liked that promotion. :)

Since the program is finally turned around, maybe they will have a midnight madness kind of thing at LNC or McCasland. OU should be a preseason top 20/15 team so it would be nice to start building hype around it soon.

Hollis Price and Eduardo Najera hang around with you all day long. Then Choo Kennedy cooks your dinner, Brent Price entertains your kids, and you fall to sleep listening to tapes of Wayman playing jazz.

Hollis Price and Eduardo Najera hang around with you all day long. Then Choo Kennedy cooks your dinner, Brent Price entertains your kids, and you fall to sleep listening to tapes of Wayman playing jazz.

That's the dream right there

Just got this in an email from OU:

"All VIPs will accept an invitation to a Fall VIP select-a-seat event"

FWIW.

Back